OMG quick go spray some CFC's in the air!!!

This is a discussion on OMG quick go spray some CFC's in the air!!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; From Newsmax. com in todays news... 5. Geologist: Global Cooling Has Begun A prominent American geologist declares that global warming has ended and “even more ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG quick go spray some CFC's in the air!!!

Wink OMG quick go spray some CFC's in the air!!!

From Newsmax. com in todays news...

5. Geologist: Global Cooling Has Begun

A prominent American geologist declares that global warming has ended and “even more harmful” global cooling has already begun.

Dr. Don Easterbrook, Emeritus Professor at Western Washington University, delivered that warning in a scientific paper he presented to the 4th International Conference on Climate Change in Chicago on May 16.

Dr. Easterbrook said the earth has consistently shifted between periods of warming and cooling over the course of thousands of years.

There were cooling periods between 1880 and 1915, and between 1945 and 1977, and warming periods from 1915 to 1945 and from 1977 to 1998, according to Dr. Easterbrook, and temperatures have been cooling since 1998.

Easterbrook is the author of eight books and 150 journal publications. He serves as associate editor of the Geological Society of America Bulletin, and was U.S. representative to the UNESCO [United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization] International Geological Correlation Project.

He writes in his paper:

“That global warming is over, at least for a few decades, might seem to be a relief. However, the bad news is that global cooling is even more harmful to humans than global warming and a cause for even greater concern.”

According to Easterbrook, a recent study showed that twice as many people are killed by extreme cold than by extreme heat.

Global cooling will have an adverse effect on food production because of shorter growing seasons, cooler growing seasons, and bad weather during harvest seasons, he said.

“This is already happening in the Midwestern U.S., China, India, and other places in the world. Hardest hit will be third world countries where millions are already near starvation levels.”

Cooling will also lead to an increase in per capita energy demands, especially for heating.

“World population is projected to reach more than 9 billion by 2050, an increase of 50 percent,” Easterbrook pointed out. “This means a substantial increase in demand for food and energy at a time when both are decreasing because of the cooling climate.”

Among Dr. Easterbrook’s conclusions:

“Numerous, abrupt, short-lived warming and cooling episodes, much more intense than recent warming/cooling, occurred during the last Ice Age, none of which could have been caused by changes in atmospheric CO2.

“Climate changes in the geologic record show a regular pattern of alternate warming and cooling with a 25-30-year period for the past 500 years . . .

“Expect global cooling for the next 2-3 decades that will be far more damaging than global warming would have been.”

Editor's Note:

Al Gore Shocked by Global Cool-Down
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

2. Remove Ads

This is hard to take in. The Earth's climate goes through warming AND cooling cycles naturally by itself? I'm glad some guy went to scientist school and got all educated up don't we would have never known it.
    If I gave a crap about what you think about my guns.....it was early this morning and I already flushed it!

You mean that we will not have any more years with the temps over 100 degrees for over 100 days a year. Bring it on. Global warming sucked. Time for a little cooler weather in southern Arizona. We have had tooo many illegal immigrants suffer from heat stroke. (sarcasm off)
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

Administrator
    We used to have a name for Global Cooling - it was called Winter & I remember "way back when" Global Warming was called Summer Time.

Have you all noticed recently that the term "Global Warming" is now officially "OUT" since the Earth just isn't warming the way the radical environmentalists were hoping that it would & "Global Warming" has now been replaced by the term CLIMATE CHANGE.

Climate = Weather

Change = Changes Like The W _ _ _ _ _ r.
    Fill in the missing letters.

Now...no matter if the Earth/weather gets warmer OR cooler...they're covered.

Did you know that SO FAR the volcano that has been erupting in Iceland has spewed out more CO2 and other noxious and greenhouse gasses than all of the automobiles ever built and driven since the Model T Ford?

And it's not done yet.
    The last time that volcano erupted - it erupted continuously for 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    We used to have a name for Global Cooling - it was called Winter & I remember "way back when" Global Warming was called Summer Time.

Have you all noticed recently that the term "Global Warming" is now officially "OUT" since the Earth just isn't warming the way the radical environmentalists were hoping that it would & "Global Warming" has now been replaced by the term CLIMATE CHANGE.

Climate = Weather

Change = Changes Like The W _ _ _ _ _ r.
    Fill in the missing letters.

Now...no matter if the Earth/weather gets warmer OR cooler...they're covered.

Did you know that SO FAR the volcano that has been erupting in Iceland has spewed out more CO2 and other noxious and greenhouse gasses than all of the automobiles ever built and driven since the Model T Ford?

And it's not done yet.
    The last time that volcano erupted - it erupted continuously for 2 years.
    I'll take and 'E' for $20...
    Do I get the spin the wheel again?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    1816, the year without a summer

Benjamin Franklin was the first to establish the link between volcanic eruptions and climate change when he suggested the bitterly cold winter of 1783-84 in Europe was a result of the dust cloud from the massive eruption of Iceland's Mt. Laki in 1783.

Mount Tambora, which is on the Indonesian island of Sumbawa, erupted on April 5, 1815; and resulted in an extremely cold spring and summer in 1816, which became known as the 'year without a summer.'

Its explosion threw so much material into the atmosphere that, as it spread around the world, it changed the climate of the entire planet. In 1816, it snowed in June in the United States and Europe. Crops failed, there was starvation, people lost their farms, and it touched off the wave of emigration that led to the settlement of what is now the American Midwest. In the meantime, hundreds of thousands more starved around the world.

New England and Europe were hit exceptionally hard. Snowfalls and frost occurred in June, July and August and all but the hardiest grains were destroyed. Destruction of the corn crop forced farmers to slaughter their animals. Soup kitchens were opened to feed the hungry. Sea ice migrated across Atlantic shipping lanes, and alpine glaciers advanced down mountain slopes to exceptionally low elevations.

The large amount of sulfuric acid eventually produced in the stratosphere by sulfur-rich gases released during the eruption blocked out solar radiation, resulting in a cooling of Earth's surface for several years after the eruption.

The 1815 eruption of Tambora was one of the largest eruption in historic times. About 150 cubic kilometers of ash were erupted (about 150 times more than the 1980 eruption of Mount St. Helens). Ash fell as far as 800 miles (1,300 km) from the volcano. In central Java and Kalimantan, 550 miles (900 km) from the eruption, one centimeter of ash fell.

The eruption column reached a height of about 28 miles (44 km). The collapse of the eruption column produced numerous pyroclastic flows. As these hot pyroclastic flows reached the ocean where they caused additional explosions. During these explosions, most of the fine-fraction of the ash was removed.

The eruption formed a caldera. An estimated 92,000 people were killed by the eruption. About 10,000 direct deaths were caused by bomb impacts, tephra fall, and pyroclastic flows. An estimated 82,000 were killed indirectly by the eruption by starvation, disease, and hunger.

Kind of what I thought would happen to the "warming alarmists", the Earth will go into one of it's many cycles and cool a bit. We really haven't heard much from them lately have we?

Could it be they are.....gasp!........wrong?
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Could it be they are.....gasp!........wrong?
    Could be GASP make Al give back the Nobel prize he received for his inconvenient lie......
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

I will do my part to stop the epidemic

I will not shut my truck off when I make stops, and I'll talk to the boss about donating all our recovered refrigerants to the cause. It's only about 160 lbs worth though won't be nearly enough we have to pull together on this one gang.

( NO Refrigerants will actually be released)

AzB
    It's really hard to see the humor here while the Gulf of Mexico is essentially dying because of our addiction to oil.

Sorry. I just used to love fishing and diving down there.
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

Next time it'll be global lukewarm
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    It's really hard to see the humor here while the Gulf of Mexico is essentially dying because of our addiction to oil.

Sorry. I just used to love fishing and diving down there.
    The Gulf is suffering because the environmental whackos who have control over the US government forced oil drilling offshore. Remember ANWAR and the Bakken formation? We could be drilling those today, instead of a mile deep in the Gulf.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I'll take and 'E' for $20...
    Do I get the spin the wheel again?
    Hey....you have to BUY a vowel!....or do you want me to subsidize that for you?

Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

AzB
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoFan View Post
    The Gulf is suffering because the environmental whackos who have control over the US government forced oil drilling offshore. Remember ANWAR and the Bakken formation? We could be drilling those today, instead of a mile deep in the Gulf.
    Wow. So you think that's the only reason?
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    Wow. So you think that's the only reason?
    Well, yes. Why on Earth would a company risk the additional money (and other problems) that deep sea drilling costs when they could drill on land cheaper and safer on the same continent the product is being refined and used, if not for the laws & regulations of the US federal and state governments that make it virtually impossible to develop new oil wells. Oh and let's not forget the so-called windfall taxes from the Carter Administration that are still in effect 40 years later (that apply to every gallon of oil produced on shore).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links