florida

This is a discussion on florida within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; hey guys i have a question fro ya. do u think i can get my class D and G license for a security job if ...

Thread: florida

florida

hey guys i have a question fro ya. do u think i can get my class D and G license for a security job if i i got discharged with a general under honorable conditions for misconduct: drug abuse? i was in the military for three years and i was military police so i have the training but i messed up once because i smoked this thing called a hooka and it had something called salvia in it which i had no idea what it was. all i no is that it was legal and u could buy it over the counter. i had all early promote evals and i just made e-4 and had a leadership position. even the cap said that he didnt wanna do it but it was navy policy.

2. Remove Ads

Salvia (salvia divinorum) has been a schedule 1 controlled substance in Florida since July of 2008.

Several branches of the Military have specific orders banning its usage as well. (when instituted I do not know).

NO NO NO NO NO NO

Lawyer may help ???

OMO

bosco

So let me get this right.... You smoked from essentially a bong , and didn't think anything "wrong" was in it?

If "drug abuse" is on you record you will have a hard time....
    Nothing says more about how you feel, than a lead flower.

no its not a bong its a hooka and lots of people smoke hooka. hooka isnt bad and its not illegal. its just a type of tobacco. but i thought the salvia was just a different flavor or whatever. so no i didnt see any wrong in it. i had no idea.

Wow. You were SP and you did this? If drug abuse shows up on your background check, many states will not issue you a CWP or security license. I am not sure about Florida.

Why would you call i

well i was in guam at the time and i had no idea what it was. i mean after all this i quit smoking all together but i think its messed up that i had no idea and it was legal and u could buy it at any gas station or convenient store. and the package was the same as the tobacco u use for the hooka.

Yeah well when I was in I was in Amsterdam on leave and it was legal to smoke hash and pot, and you could buy it in restaurants, but I didn't. Good luck to you.

i think that pot and salvia are 2 totally different things but thanks!!

Oh really? Salvia divinorum (also known as Diviner's Sage, ska Marķa Pastora,[3] Seer's sage and by its genus name Salvia) is a psychoactive plant which can induce dissociative effects.

The more I research, the more I see it is a fad thing to smoke it and get high.

I did 20 years, I know what you did and what you were attempting to do so acting naive isn't going to fly with me.

You made a choice willingly as an adult, even when most of the guys in Guam knew what that stuff did, you smoked it for one reason and one reason only and you got popped.

Like I said Good Luck to you, but please don't play innocent, there are a lot of us here who served and I know that when you smoked it, you were doing it for a reason. I just talked to my lifelong friend who is a Chief and apparently that is the thing to do to get high over there.

As a Policeman you knew that

Navy to separate 15 sailors in drug probe - News - Stripes

The Navy even has awareness training on it.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/salvia/salvia_law3.pdf

VIP Member
    Sounds like a quick Google or check with post/command policies prior to lighting up would have saved you a heap of trouble... I know, easy to say in hindsight, but there are tons of things that are easily available/legal outside of the US that aren't legal inside it (or to service members)...

It will depend on the level of investigation required whether or not this will jam you up - many forms just ask if you were ever DIShonorably discharged or discharged under less than honorable conditions. If you can honestly answer that "no," then it very well may not go any further. If you are asked specifically about drug use, arrests, non-judicial punishment while in the military, etc, then it may become more of an issue...

Best of luck to you, and, nest time, look into what you're inhaling...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Links