Police shooting

This is a discussion on Police shooting within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Video : Hamilton officer cleared in fatal shooting during January traffic stop Hope I could have remained as calm as the officer did....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police shooting

Police shooting

Video : Hamilton officer cleared in fatal shooting during January traffic stop

Hope I could have remained as calm as the officer did.
    The Second Amendment ...... Because crime SHOULD be a hazardous occupation.

If you want to piss off a conservative, lie to him.
    If you want to piss off a liberal, tell him the truth.

2. Remove Ads

It took a six-woman jury one hour to make its ruling following nearly five hours of testimony.
    It took that long to debate the obvious?

VIP Member
    After watching the video that was one lucky officer, this should never have gone to trial
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

If I'm right the gun misfired on the first shot,I can hear a click,I bet they wanted to eat their free lunch before reaching a verdict
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    If I'm right the gun misfired on the first shot,I can hear a click,I bet they wanted to eat their free lunch before reaching a verdict
    Below is from the story.

Hamilton officer cleared in fatal shooting during January traffic stop

The click of the revolver's hammer hitting a previously fired round was audible in the recording.

Good ending to a bad situation.
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Yea, there is NO doubt about intent of the drunk perp here. Ironic to think that the cop was probably saved by this guy being drunk in this one
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

That officer is one lucky SOB....this should have never gone to trial...
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

VIP Member
    WOW that cop had an angel on his side on that one. CLICK...I would have needed new undies.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Glad to hear it but this should have never made it to trial.
    Tom
    Osculare pultem meam! - Kiss my grits!

Thumbs down

Here's something from a real MORON who wants LEO's to shoot only arms and legs...

ALBANY -- A bill in the Assembly would change drastically police policy in New York State in the way officers use their weapons.

The bill, sponsored by Assemblywoman Annette Robinson (D-Bedford-Stuyvesant), would instruct police and peace officers to use their weapons only with the intent to stop and not to kill a person.

“There is no justification for terminating another's life when a less extreme measure may accomplish the same objective,” states a memo that accompanies the bill.

Officers would instead be instructed to try to shoot a suspect in the arm or the leg.

“In recent years, the killing of criminal suspects by police has focused the public attention on how police respond when the suspect is a member of an ethnic minority,” the memo states. “The issue is highly controversial, with critics accusing the police of racism while supporters deny any racism and assert that the killings have been in good faith or an unfortunate mistake.”

And officer who did kill with that intent would not be penalized, according to the proposed legislation.

Police work is guided by the use of force continuum.

Lethal force, according to the National Institute of Justice, should only be used “if a suspect poses a serious threat to the officer or another individual.”

I wish I had an Uzi when I went to high school and had to wait for a bus and take the subway in Bedford-Stuyvesant. That was 50 years ago. I'm sure it has gotten a lot better since then...NOT

bosco

Quote Originally Posted by boscobeans View Post
    Here's something from a real MORON who wants LEO's to shoot only arms and legs...

ALBANY -- A bill in the Assembly would change drastically police policy in New York State in the way officers use their weapons.

The bill, sponsored by Assemblywoman Annette Robinson (D-Bedford-Stuyvesant), would instruct police and peace officers to use their weapons only with the intent to stop and not to kill a person.

“There is no justification for terminating another's life when a less extreme measure may accomplish the same objective,” states a memo that accompanies the bill.

Officers would instead be instructed to try to shoot a suspect in the arm or the leg.

“In recent years, the killing of criminal suspects by police has focused the public attention on how police respond when the suspect is a member of an ethnic minority,” the memo states. “The issue is highly controversial, with critics accusing the police of racism while supporters deny any racism and assert that the killings have been in good faith or an unfortunate mistake.”

And officer who did kill with that intent would not be penalized, according to the proposed legislation.

Police work is guided by the use of force continuum.

Lethal force, according to the National Institute of Justice, should only be used “if a suspect poses a serious threat to the officer or another individual.”

I wish I had an Uzi when I went to high school and had to wait for a bus and take the subway in Bedford-Stuyvesant. That was 50 years ago. I'm sure it has gotten a lot better since then...NOT

bosco
    This bill is ridiculous.... now police should risk their lives for the benefit of criminals?
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    This bill is ridiculous.... now police should risk their lives for the benefit of criminals?

In a politician's fantasy world of ideas, yes it's perfectly acceptable for those who put their lives on the line everyday. Why do you think they proposed a new combat ribbon for our soldiers, who when they come under fire, for not shooting back?
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

VIP Member
    Bill: Officers should shoot to stop, not to kill | state, - Local News - WRGB CBS 6 Albany

'Nuf said.

Don't want to break forum rules.

Never mind.

What a peice of
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

That's right judge, I tried to shoot him in his arms and legs, but he kept moving so the bullets ended up COM, go figure!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links