So I had A Talk With Some Arrogant Census Bureau Guy..

This is a discussion on So I had A Talk With Some Arrogant Census Bureau Guy.. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So today I'm out burning in small town Kalispell Montana with only about a 20k population, I live fairly out in the woods and a ...

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So I had A Talk With Some Arrogant Census Bureau Guy..

So I had A Talk With Some Arrogant Census Bureau Guy..

So today I'm out burning in small town Kalispell Montana with only about a 20k population, I live fairly out in the woods and a Census worker came out today to ask me about my survery, he said I didnt answer how some of the questions were at my current address, I told him I filled out the required questions and that the others was not one of them, He soon gets mad and says i have no choice and i need to do so immediatly, I tell him to get off of my property or ELSE... He started to walk off and turned his head at me and glared...I almost went off the edge right there...Liberals... Makes me more mad that they would come to where I live in such a small town
    oh yea i forgot to mention he called 2 days earlier asking the questions
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Those dern pesky census workers.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Being out in a rural area, I'm surprised the Census worker didn't have his rottweiler with him and sicked him on you like what happened in St. Louis.

Okay, he didn't actually sic his dog on the guy, but the Census worker's dog did bite a guy he was contacting for "official business" in the stomach.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Administrator
    They're as dang bad as them revenuers trying ta bust up our moonshine stills.

AzB
    What makes you think he was a liberal? After all, he had a job.

:)
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post

I dunno, maybe because it's only a temp job?

You know, one of those thousands of new jobs the administration claims to have created.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

You got a good point there.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

As he sped of down my drive way with the Obama 08 campaign sticker.
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

I'm wondering if questionaires are different in different areas. I've heard people mention questions that weren't on ours. IN ours, it was very simple.... name, race, age, address.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I dunno, maybe because it's only a temp job?

You know, one of those thousands of new jobs the administration claims to have created.
    I'm by no means a liberal, but I applied to be a census taker. I was laid off this spring, and needed the work...

Please don't generalize.

Census workers seem a bit arrogant, perhaps it is the class of people they hire, I don't know. We were sitting down to dinner in our enclosed porch by a large bay window and outside wandering around on the sidewalk in front of our house was a well-dressed young girl with a clip board and some papers.

She kept looking at our house, then the neighbors house, then across the busy avenue. I watched her for a minute or so then she started up our walk towards the door. I opened it as she was stepping up to it and asked her what she needed through the unopend storm door. My Wife was holding back the dog who wanted to kill her for various reasons. She sort of mumbled, or sneered, "I'm with the Census!" She didn't even bother to show identity badge. She had something strung around her neck but it could have been just about anything.

Ok, I said, we sent ours in already. She said well, I want to know who the neighbor is at 123 XYZ Avenue. This kind of irritated me so I "politely" told her I don't know them and shut the door in her face. She didn't seem to like my answer but she did leave.

Arrogant to say the least.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I had one stop at my house a couple of days ago. He asked about a neighbor a couple of houses down. (That's about half a mile). He said she wouldn't answer the questions he asked. He asked me about her. I replied that if she didn't answer the questions about herself, why the hell would he think that I would answer them? Those of us who live in the country do so in part because we like our privacy and respect that of our neighbors. Don't know if he was a "Liberal" or not, but the "Obama/Biden 2008" sticker on his bumper was partially scraped off.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Census workers seem a bit arrogant, .
    It seems to be a rule of life that many individuals who have had little authority in life get arrogant when they do get some authority or think that they have more authority than they do.

I could buy quite a few new guns, if I had a $ for every time I heard someone say that " 'X' was a good guy until he got promoted [to the lowest of the supervisor levels]" or "Wow, she sure changes when she got that job", etc.

And I could buy plenty of ammo for them, if I had a $ for every minor functionary with a public contact job with whom I have had to deal whose arrogance exceed his/her responsibility and authority -- both private industry and government; banks and insurance companies & DMV being the worst, IMHO, [no offense to anyone present, I hope].

Also, it likely has something to do with being a thankless job -- not just census but many lower level public contact jobs.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

I have a friend that works for the census and they have had the "you are now a federal agent" talk and wow did it go to his head. I had to remind him that he wasn't a CIA or FBI agent. I like this guy but he refuses to believe that there is anything political about the census. Sheep........

Exp

Re: So I had A Talk With Some Arrogant Census Bureau Guy..

Had one come to my place a few weeks back asking if my home was a multiple family dwelling. I told her no. She went on saying, well it is pretty big for one family.

I told 'nope, just me and mine. I am just a typical middle aged successful American.'

For some reason she didn't like that. Must've thought I was lying.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Links