HP printer support, in Iraq

This is a discussion on HP printer support, in Iraq within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This soldier in Iraq had an HP printer which quit working. He contacted HP tech support for help to fix it. HP told the soldier ...

Thread: HP printer support, in Iraq

This soldier in Iraq had an HP printer which quit working. He contacted HP tech support for help to fix it. HP told the soldier that he would have to pay them for the advice.
    Watch this 60 second video for his response to them.

Watch Printer problem in Iraq Video | Break.com
    Stop acting like we're fightin' for "freedom". We are ALREADY....free.

I used to work for a sub of one of the contractors that provides certain technological supports(and no, not HP printers). It was my understanding at the time that most of the support for such devices went through external contractors that went through systems like Navy and Marines NMCI who we were contracted through and that the end users were supposed to go through NMCI for support of such things and not the manufacturers. That said, the video doesn't provide all the information necessary to form a firm opinion and the soldier may have in fact followed procedure... I don't know.

It was a funny vid though and I can certainly understand his frustration. That's definitely one way to "fix" the problem.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member
    M240B will do it every time...

Funny, but slightly unprofessional for a Captain. I also wonder how old the vid is, considering he's sill in the 3-color deserts, and those have been on the way out since 2006...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

probably from after the 1st gulf war? Some soldiers did get rather bored then i've heard...
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

VIP Member
    Very unlikely. One, the M240B wasn't in common service then and two, the uniform of the time was the 6-color "chocholate chip" pattern. Plus, the HESCO barriers and many other indicators point towards this being from this gulf war, just not from the last year or two.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    Video was posted on Youtube as early as August 2006. Had to have been some time before that.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

Sponsored Links