Remember to watch out for the idiots on the road this weekend. My fun little morning.

This is a discussion on Remember to watch out for the idiots on the road this weekend. My fun little morning. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This morning on my way towards Canada I had the pleasure of watching a car which was traveling towards me at 50MPH plus slowly start ...

Thread: Remember to watch out for the idiots on the road this weekend. My fun little morning.

Unhappy Remember to watch out for the idiots on the road this weekend. My fun little morning.

This morning on my way towards Canada I had the pleasure of watching a car which was traveling towards me at 50MPH plus slowly start to cross the center line. I figured they would correct but they did not. They kept drifting into my lane. I'm flashing my high beams at them, no response.

A third of their car is now in my lane and they are still not slowing. So I'm still flashing the high beams as I'm not in horn range yet and I do not have a lot of shoulder to work with. Dropping into their lane is not an option as another car is behind them.

So now the car is almost all the way in my lane. I'm getting on the brakes and lay on the horn while flashing the high beams and finally they have that OH! *%^& moment and jerk their steering wheel hard to get back into their lane which then almost causes them to loose control of their car which was also just a joy to watch happen.

Took a few miles to calm myself down and I have no clue what they where doing but it was not paying attention to the road so just a reminder. Be safe out there this weekend folks. Going to be a lot of idiots such as this one on the road soon.

2. Remove Ads

Glad your safe! I've been there myself and that is a horible feeling. Takes a little while to cool off after it all goes down

Quote Originally Posted by WhoWeBePart1 View Post
    This morning on my way towards Canada I had the pleasure of watching a car which was traveling towards me at 50MPH plus slowly start to cross the center line. I figured they would correct but they did not. They kept drifting into my lane. I'm flashing my high beams at them, no response.

A third of their car is now in my lane and they are still not slowing. So I'm still flashing the high beams as I'm not in horn range yet and I do not have a lot of shoulder to work with. Dropping into their lane is not an option as another car is behind them.

So now the car is almost all the way in my lane. I'm getting on the brakes and lay on the horn while flashing the high beams and finally they have that OH! *%^& moment and jerk their steering wheel hard to get back into their lane which then almost causes them to loose control of their car which was also just a joy to watch happen.

Took a few miles to calm myself down and I have no clue what they where doing but it was not paying attention to the road so just a reminder. Be safe out there this weekend folks. Going to be a lot of idiots such as this one on the road soon.
    Glad your safe. Were they on a phone?
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Quote Originally Posted by SatCong View Post
    Glad your safe. Were they on a phone?
    I have no clue. I didn't even flip them off. I was to busy looking for outs incase they didn't respond. For a few seconds I thought my morning was going to end in a bad way.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoWeBePart1 View Post
    I have no clue. I didn't even flip them off. I was to busy looking for outs incase they didn't respond. For a few seconds I thought my morning was going to end in a bad way.
    Yea, that I understand.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

It kinda makes you wonder if a round thru the windshield is gonna get their attention,sure make it easy to identify the car that threatened your life 2000 pound deadly weapon
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Too many people who get tired, just don't want to stop and take a break, walk around, stop at a restaurant, etc... If traveling long distance, it's easy to get hypnotized by the road and be totally oblivious.

I've been guilty of that myself, but I do my best to get off the road for a while, stretch, get refreshed before continuing.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Too many people who get tired, just don't want to stop and take a break, walk around, stop at a restaurant, etc... If traveling long distance, it's easy to get hypnotized by the road and be totally oblivious.

I've been guilty of that myself, but I do my best to get off the road for a while, stretch, get refreshed before continuing.
    It was about 10:20 AM and I never caught their plate as I was paying attention to the entire car. Did they start to drift off after a long drive? Maybe, maybe not. Still was not fun to deal with but your advice is spot on. Take a break if you need to.

VIP Member
    I'm glad you're safe. I know how you feel!

When I lived in WV I had to commute on one of the deadliest roads in the US. Between coal trucks, drunks and hillbillies I've had a few really close calls (it's a two lane road and 65mph speed limit).

Once I was passing a coal truck with no oncomming traffic in sight. A driver came down his driveway and after only looking left pulled out head on with me. I saw it comming and so did the coal truck driver. He squeezed as far right as he could go and I squeezed right up against him as close as I could. The other driver after pulling out looking over his shoulder finaly looked ahead and saw me right in front of him at 65 or 70 mph. He jerked his wheel to his right and we passed three abreast on a two lane road. I'll bet we had less than 6 inches between me and the coal truck less than a foot between me and the opposite direction guy. It shook me up pretty bad.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

I drive a tractor trailer, so holiday's are always interesting. I've had my share of close calls in my tractor and personal vehicle.

I tell my wife sometimes that some folks like to take their half of the road out of the middle. Makes it tough on the rest of us.

atctimmy, too bad it was not a regular trailer and you in a firebird. You could have gone Smokey and the Bandit on him and tucked it right under the trailer for a second!
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    It kinda makes you wonder if a round thru the windshield is gonna get their attention...
    Problem is, you would have to hit a vital organ. And in this case it appears that a CNS shot wouldn't have made much difference in the driving.

Ya'll be careful out there, ya hear!

Must have been Ohio drivers, Timmy! LOL! Today in the Huntington Hearld-Dispatch there is a poll of the worst drivers in WV, KY and OH, and our Buckeye neighbors across the river are blessed with over 50% of readers stating, they are!! Link below.

Opinions - The Herald Dispatch

All kidding aside, I do know of the nut-case drivers you have encountered and I think I know the highway that you speak of. It sounds like the Tolsia Highway between Kenova and Williamson. Affectionately known as the "Highway of Death."

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I'm glad you're safe. I know how you feel!

When I lived in WV I had to commute on one of the deadliest roads in the US. Between coal trucks, drunks and hillbillies I've had a few really close calls (it's a two lane road and 65mph speed limit).

Once I was passing a coal truck with no oncomming traffic in sight. A driver came down his driveway and after only looking left pulled out head on with me. I saw it comming and so did the coal truck driver. He squeezed as far right as he could go and I squeezed right up against him as close as I could. The other driver after pulling out looking over his shoulder finaly looked ahead and saw me right in front of him at 65 or 70 mph. He jerked his wheel to his right and we passed three abreast on a two lane road. I'll bet we had less than 6 inches between me and the coal truck less than a foot between me and the opposite direction guy. It shook me up pretty bad.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    JoJo you nailed it. I lived in Prichard and commuted to and from the airport.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

I had a different kind of close call this week. There's a certain street in my neighborhood where most of the residents park on the street, forming an almost uninterrupted line of cars for 40 or 50 feet, causing problems for cars entering the neighborhood if there is traffic exiting the neighborhood.

Wednesday night, I'm leaving the neighborhood down this very street when I spot another car entering the neighborhood from a distance. Long story short, I stop just short of a gap in the line of cars so this Honda Accord can zip in and I can proceed on my way. The guy instead zips between me and a parked car, nearly hitting both cars in the process!

To make matters worse, after honking at the fool he then starts honking back and turns around at a side street to follow me! Luckily the mental midget thought he had proved his point after following me for a few minutes and turned off at the local university.
    Kimber Pro TLE II (EDC)
    Bersa Thunder .380 (EDC)
    Sig Sauer P226
    Bushmaster XM15-E2S
    Winchester Model 70 .270

Links