I wish I was making this up: Pigeon Held in India on Suspicion of Spying for Pakistan

This is a discussion on I wish I was making this up: Pigeon Held in India on Suspicion of Spying for Pakistan within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Yes, they are holding a bird under armed guard. Pigeon Held in India on Suspicion of Spying for Pakistan (AFP) - Indian police are holding ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I wish I was making this up: Pigeon Held in India on Suspicion of Spying for Pakistan

Post I wish I was making this up: Pigeon Held in India on Suspicion of Spying for Pakistan

Yes, they are holding a bird under armed guard.

Pigeon Held in India on Suspicion of Spying for Pakistan

(AFP) - Indian police are holding a pigeon under armed guard after it was caught on an alleged spy mission for neighboring Pakistan, media reported Friday.

The white-colored bird was found by a local resident in India's Punjab state, which borders Pakistan, and taken to a police station 25 miles from the city of Amritsar.

The pigeon had a ring around its foot and a Pakistani phone number and address stamped on its body in red ink.

Police officer Ramdas Jagjit Singh Chahal told the Press Trust of India (PTI) news agency that they suspected the pigeon landed on Indian soil from Pakistan with a message, although no trace of a note was found.

Officials directed that no one should be allowed to visit the pigeon, which police said was possibly on a "special mission of spying."

The bird was medically examined and kept in an air-conditioned room under police guard.

Senior officers asked to be kept updated on the situation three times a day, PTI reported.

Chahal said local pigeon keepers in the sensitive border area told police that Pakistani pigeons were easily identifiable as they looked different from Indian ones, according to the Indian Express newspaper.

2. Remove Ads

next on line and currently in its beta testing - suicide pigeons.
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

I wonder how they treat the human spys? Probably just kill them, but they put the darned pigeon in an air conditioned room. I say kill the pigeon. Pigeons are nothing but flying rats.

A good Crossman pellet gun will do the job, or so I've heard.
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Now the NSA is going to have to startup a pigeon interception program of their own. Our pigeons are going to spy on their pigeons...
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

His name gave him away Osama Bin Pigeon
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

His brother "Stool" was caught last week.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Pigeon breasts wrapped in bacon and grilled-oh wait, this is a spy story, not the cooking channel; sorry!(see avatar)
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Squab

Quote Originally Posted by Raider39a View Post
    next on line and currently in its beta testing - suicide pigeons.
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by DaveJay View Post
    I guess that pigeon would have to walk to its destination,the strap has his wings trapped
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Wait!! Valiant..., No!!
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Actually there were birds known as Carrier Pigeons in the First World War. The most famous one was Cher Ami who delivered a message despite having a leg shot off by German soldiers.

Maybe the Pakistani's are trying to revive it. Who knows.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

We have these attack Pigeons in this Country as well! I know for a fact, because every time I wash my car ......................
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Well, we already have implemented a small task-force to deal with this terrorist threat! So you all can sleep easy at night, you can't see them, but they are out there!

Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

fox news makes the craziest stories up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links