LEO Question

This is a discussion on LEO Question within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I know there are a lot of present and former LEO's on this forum. Here's my question: I have a large (11'-6") slide-in pick-up camper ...

Thread: LEO Question

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar

LEO Question

I know there are a lot of present and former LEO's on this forum. Here's my question: I have a large (11'-6") slide-in pick-up camper that fits in the bed of my 1-ton, dually, crew-cab truck. I only use it once a year when we go on vacation. When the camper is mounted on my truck, the overhanging portion obscures the license plate. Now the camper has a mounting place on its rear for a plate, complete with a lite. Many people simply remove the plate from the truck and refasten it to the camper. The problem is, we stop while traveling many times and remove the camper and use the truck to drive around and see the sights. This would necessitate trading the plate many times.
    The fellow who sold me the camper told me many people scan their plate and print out a full-size reproduction and install it on the camper, which incidentally, does not ordinarily need a plate because it has no wheels or drive train and is merely carried like any normal load on the truck.
    What are your thoughts about this? Would I run into legal issues if I were stopped? I can always say, "just crawl under here and you can see the actual plate officer! Oops, watch your head on the sewer clean-out!"

2. Remove Ads

PM me an address, and I'll mail you a couple of the thumbscrews we use on the car lot to put "D" tags on quickly.

Tom
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

Check with your MV Dept. you can probably get another plate for the camper.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Links