No you can't leave. I'll call the police. "It's a tad long"

This is a discussion on No you can't leave. I'll call the police. "It's a tad long" within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; She's a certifiable nut.......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No you can't leave. I'll call the police. "It's a tad long"

She's a certifiable nut....
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoWeBePart1 View Post
    Maybe I will pick one up in the next few days. It would have been nice to have a voice recording of the incident. I could have simply stated at this time the conversation is being recorded by showing her the device. I'm not sure what the law is in Maine even if I announce but what harm could it do.
    NEW Mini DV DVR Sports Video Camera MD80 Spy cam 30fps - eBay (item 280475845144 end time Jun-07-10 02:29:54 PDT)

Small clip on video/audio recorder. You need to also buy a micro SD memory card (under 10.00) so for under 30.00 you can clip this camera to your shirt or tool bag or where ever and not worry about crazy people making you day worse then it needs to be.

My state allows one party consent, meaning if you consent to record your environment it is legal. Check your state laws.

I'm glad I don't have to do home PC repair anymore. I HATED going into people's homes to fix their computers. Some people were pretty cool. Easy to talk to and people you could really get along with. However, on the other side of the coin, there were some really odd/strange people. That or completely nasty and disgusting houses.
    One of the most dangerous political philosophies afflicting America today is the belief that we canít allow anyone to suffer the natural consequences of their own stupidity.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    the recorder could wortk for you regardless of law if you set it up publicly and recorded your repair on it...simple record of what you find and what you are doing...booted up...found defective motherboard...shutting down to replace...she interjects while youre doing your repair and shes on tape...not a big issue...just inform that you record your repairs for documentation later...

if i have a customer threaten to call the police i will normally pick up a phone and offer to call for them as i have an interest in my own safety...it usually takes it to another level and makes them understand i will not be intimidated...

you handled it as well as you could under the circumstances...being trapped in a customers home while theyre freaking out is an uncomfortable and not tactically desireable place to be...

well done...

VIP Member
    Wow, I didn't know my mom needed her computer fixed.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Curious...did the daughter elaborate on why her mom freaked?

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Make absolutely sure you know what the recording laws are in your state because "what harm could it do" might mean a serious felony violation on your part if your state doesn't allow one party recording.

A google search should help you quickly find out if Maine is among the states that require the consent of both parties being recorded.
    I will do that as you are right. I could face chargers. It has happened before to others.

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Sounds like she suffers from an anxiety disorder brought on by a lack of certain chemicals in the brain. I have a friend who suffers from the same thing and there are "trigger" incidents that make him go off the chart.
    I think you are correct about that. I've never had anyone freak out on me that quickly over a simple incident that 99% of people would not have blinked an eye at.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman23 View Post
    Curious...did the daughter elaborate on why her mom freaked?
    She did state her mother has done this before in the past over nothing. My regional manager told me yesterday that when he was speaking with the mother he overheard the daughter call her mom a F****** A******

Quote Originally Posted by Super Trucker View Post
    NEW Mini DV DVR Sports Video Camera MD80 Spy cam 30fps - eBay (item 280475845144 end time Jun-07-10 02:29:54 PDT)

Small clip on video/audio recorder. You need to also buy a micro SD memory card (under 10.00) so for under 30.00 you can clip this camera to your shirt or tool bag or where ever and not worry about crazy people making you day worse then it needs to be.

My state allows one party consent, meaning if you consent to record your environment it is legal. Check your state laws.
    Thanks to everyone that mentiond getting a recorder. I'm pretty sure I will get one. I've been in thousands of homes and business over the years and never have once had to deal with what I did yesterday. It was a wake up call that things can happen anytime, anywhere.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links