Moving on...

This is a discussion on Moving on... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just thought I'd let some of my DC friends know that we are 3 weeks away from a move to the W coast of FL. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving on...

Moving on...

Just thought I'd let some of my DC friends know that we are 3 weeks away from a move to the W coast of FL.

We have lived in the shadow of Kennedy Space Center for 9 years now. We have enjoyed day launches of the shuttle and other rockets, night launches that light up the night sky like you wouldn't believe. I had the honor to participate in and help officiate at the Memorial Service for the crew of the Columbia, on the landing strip at KSC.

But all things come to an end. Come the end of June, we will head over to SW FL where I will become Sr. Pastor of a church there.

Part of the good news, we will be 45 minutes away from our first grandson. Can't wait to get to babysit, and go shooting more often with his dad (our son).

Finally, (and remember you heard it here first) moving STINKS! But, it looks like the rewards will be worth it.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I grew up 45 minutes north of KSC, and LOVE that area (not so much for the west coast - no waves at all there! ) I also move every two years or so, so I feel your pain.

That said, good luck, enjoy your family, and watch out for the oil slick...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    That's great. Enjoy the grandchild my friend and the shooting too.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Congrats!!!!
    God bless!!
    "You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

NRA Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

Best of luck. It sounds like you will be trading some good memories for some soon to be great ones.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    Enjoy your grand child, and enjoy shooting with your son. I wish my dad were closer. I'm sure your son is ecstatic!
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Wish you all the best! Stay in touch, your computer should still work in the new location!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I hope it goes well for you and your family, and I hope you all look back someday and are glad it happened.

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Moving stinks, but being closer to family is great. The wife and I moved 15 times during my 20 years in the service so I feel your pain.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

You never know how much stuff you have, Until you move. GOOD LUCK
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

@OPFOR and CT-Mike,

This will be my wife's 26th move in her life.
    Such is the life of being the daughter of a Methodist preacher, and now the wife of one.

Yes, moving sucks and we have too much stuff, especially glassware and crafts. Not enough guns and ammo, however.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Hey Michael,

Sounds like you'll like the move closer to family.
    Best wishes for a smooth move...

Ken
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    The best place a person can be is in the center of God's will--but moving still sucks big-time.

Hope your new church lay-leaders know you carry.

Spoil the grandchild and then give him back
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Davies View Post
    The best place a person can be is in the center of God's will--but moving still sucks big-time.

Hope your new church lay-leaders know you carry.

Spoil the grandchild and then give him back
    Scott,

When they announced that I was coming, they told them I like to shoot. We also have a boar-hunting trip in the process of being scheduled. The Assistant Pastor carries. The current Senior Pastor (retiring Jun. 30) carries. Should be a hoot.

We plan on spoiling him. He took a running flip off the couch a couple of days ago. Landed on his head. Cried. Shook it off. Laughing 10 minutes later. Just like his dad.

We can't wait.

Albert Einstein

VIP Member
    Congrats! My Aunt lives in Ft. Myers, really nice area.
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links