Help With Pictures

This is a discussion on Help With Pictures within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ok, help me out here Mods or anyone. When I go to post a picture of a weapon, it comes up and says you've posted ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help With Pictures

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar

Help With Pictures

Ok, help me out here Mods or anyone.

When I go to post a picture of a weapon, it comes up and says you've posted that picture over in this thread or that thread somewhere else and won't let me post it in a new thread.

I have tried to copy it and rename it, doesn't work, this forum doesn't allow photo bucket and I've tried the URL trip and it's a washout. I've tried the cut and paste - no go.

How do you all do it, I'm a novice on the picture thing and I'm out of ideas
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

2. Remove Ads

I use photobucket. It works everytime, for me. Are you using the right image code from photobucket? You want the one with [IMG] brackets.

I'm not sure, but I believe that you can copy the image URL from where you've posted already, and enter that into the image code on the new thread that you're posting.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    ...I'm not sure, but I believe that you can copy the image URL from where you've posted already, and enter that into the image code on the new thread that you're posting.
    Zacii is quite right:
    1. Find the original place you posted the image;
    2. View the image;
    3. Click on the image so you get the full-size webpage version;
    4. Copy the address (http://blablabla);
    5. In your current post, click on the 'add link' icon (the work with links);
    6. Paste the address to the previous photo and you're set.

this from my photobucket...

can i use it again? seems can use same pic 2x in same thread...but you say you can't in separate threads?

Have you figured it out yet? Your picture of whatever will need a location on the internet or an address where it can be found on the internet. I agree with those who use photobucket...that's what I use to post my own pictures and to store them on the internet. If you want to copy an image from the internet and paste it here, you'll right click on it, and chose 'copy image location', then insert the image location between [img][/img] tags here, or html tags other places....(photobucket actually does this for you) and has the choices for the application. Just PM me if you're about to go crazy with it all. We wouldn't want that. Sometimes it's good to walk away and try again later. Fact of the matter is....we'll get to the bottom of it right here, and you'll be a picture posting pro tomorrow.
    Last edited by Ram Rod; June 5th, 2010 at 07:42 PM. Reason: friggin spelling again

http://

Lets see here
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Thank you very much folks. I'll be darned it worked like a charm, I've been batting my dang head around on this thing and there it sat.

I do appreciate it very much Zacci and everyone else. I really do appreciate it.

We see image, but the http:// doesn't need to be there. Good going though. With a bit more work, you'll find a way to do away with that. Welcome to pic posting on your debut. The fun has just started.

Administrator
    Right mouse click on the photo....mouse copy the "properties" paste it wherever on DC you want it & just put it between [img] [/img] tags.

And a nice pic, too
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Administrator
    By the way...DC forum members can upload photos to our DefensiveCarry Gallery directly from your 'puters....you don't need photobucket.

You can say _ _ _ _ it!...to PhotoBUCKET<~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    Thank you very much folks. I'll be darned it worked like a charm, I've been batting my dang head around on this thing and there it sat.

I do appreciate it very much Zacci and everyone else. I really do appreciate it.
    When you posted the pic you clicked the Insert Link button over the txt box, didnt you? If you copied the [img] code from photobucket you do not have to click any insert buttons....just paste the code right into the box.

Administrator
    Also...try not to double up on the [img] tags 'cause then I havta play Secret Squirrel and sneak into posts and delete the extra tags that make yer PICS look like this:

[img][/img] <~~

And also...try and put a couple of lines of space between multiple photos so that they are all not running together.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    By the way...DC forum members can upload photos to our DefensiveCarry Gallery directly from your 'puters....you don't need photobucket.

You can say _ _ _ _ it!...to PhotoBUCKET<~~~
    OOOooo! That's hittin' below the belt IMO. I've probably been using photobucket before DC existed. Nice to know though. How often does the government monitor the uploads to the site and where they came from? Okay...so it's the internet and they're on top of it all of the time. Sort of like choosing a holster. Gotta have one if you carry, but the selections seem limitless.
    Mods don't need to be over-tasked with the burden of cleaning up either. Everything is available on the internet...just ask and you shall receive. I've learned a lot over the years, but when it's not applied on a regular basis, it tends to get lost, and a lot of times the rules change. I get deeper into it all the time. Fascinating the things behind the scenes. How to do it, and make it work for you. Lots of rules, but challenging. Learn something every day, and you'll never grow old.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links