Where do you purchase your fuel - Page 3

Where do you purchase your fuel

This is a discussion on Where do you purchase your fuel within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I buy where it is cheapest... usually Circle K and Get-Go because I get credits from Giant Eagle and Acme. I'm a poor college student ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where do you purchase your fuel

I buy where it is cheapest... usually Circle K and Get-Go because I get credits from Giant Eagle and Acme. I'm a poor college student who takes help where I can get it.

My dad says that no matter which gas station you pull up in front of, they all buy their product from the same places. He used to enforce underground storage tank regulations on gas stations, so he does know what he's talking about.
    The only one that has their own "brand" of gas is Exxon.

I don't think it matters what the name on the building says, I just try to avoid the Ethanol (which is getting harder and harder to do!)

The whole premise here is untrue. You can read the Snopes article on it here, or you can peruse the statistics from the US Energy Information Administration here, and you'll see that in the 1st quarter of this year most of the oil we imported came from non-OPEC countries. Or you can download an Excel spreadsheet that shows which companies bought what here. A ver brief look at that sheet shows me that Valero bought oil from Saudi Arabia, and that BP bought out from Saudi Arabia and Iraq.

So I'm guessing that the vast majority of this is bunk. However, the data does say that Murphy purchased oil from Canada and Nigeria. So at least part of it is true.

Brian

I go to BP; they need the money.

I drive 70k a year. I go where it's cheapest.

Quote Originally Posted by von buck View Post
    Well for me, BP is out of the question
    So if everybody quit buying BP, then where are the billions to fix the damage going to come from?
    Oh, yeah, the taxpayers.

I think your info on BP is wrong. BP runs fields in Egypt, Azerbaijan, North Sea (including Russa) and North and South America.
    "The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us." Patrick Henry 1775

Vegetarian: Indian for inept hunter.

I would think that most people buy where the cheapest gas in their area is..... In my area its Sunoco and Hess that are the cheapest and most numerous. So I pretty much buy Sunoco about 90% of the time since I usually buy from the same station.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    I also go to Sheetz if there is one available. It's more present in the SW VA area and the closest one I ran into is at Richmond on the Midlothian Turnpike. They also have a variety of to-go food from fast food to simple fruit snacks.

I will only buy BP now

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Storm View Post
    I also go to Sheetz if there is one available. It's more present in the SW VA area and the closest one I ran into is at Richmond on the Midlothian Turnpike. They also have a variety of to-go food from fast food to simple fruit snacks.
    Sheetz is pretty sweet as far as gas stations go. When I'm in central Virginia, that's usually my station of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by rhinokrk View Post
    I buy whatever is cheapest, other than Citgo.. truck runs crappy on that I think it has water in it.

BP was in compliance with Federal safety codes, and had a chance to do a 'burn' (which was pre approved by NOAA) when this started. The environmentalists stopped it, The Federal Government made them drill in 5000 feet of water rather than 500, where a diver could have gone down and capped it the next day.

Why is BP the villain here?
    +1. The government is equally responsible.

I usually go to Murphy when I go to the store.

One note about premium vs midgrade vs regular...

Octane is just a rating of how much you can compress gas/air mixture before it auto-ignites. There's nothing inherently "better" about higher octane unless your car requires it. Yes, higher octane can mean better performance, but only if the engine takes advantage of it. The pistons aren't going to start compressing the mixture more just because you put a different type of gas in your car.

Here's some info about it from Quick Trip: The Premium Myth

I actually really like QT, too, but there aren't any where I live now. It's refreshing to see that kind of honesty instead of trying to upsell you, though. :)

I buy BP, I have a decent amount of stock that I purchased when their shares hit $30 a share due to this crisis. Might as well support the company I invested in. Also, I buy most of my convenience items from BP to help out the local owners.

When people call me an a-hole for investing in BP, I simply and politely inform them that this is the land of opportunity, and I am taking full advantage of it.
    Semper Paratus

‎"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

In my village, the Marathon gas makes my Blazer and Honda run like crap. I don't buy it.

Next village over (1 mile from my house) there is a BP and a "Gas for Less" co-op. Priced within a penny of each other. Gas For Less gets there gas from BP sometimes, Shell other times, Citgo, etc. You never know what's in the tanks today. BP is more consistently, priced competitively, and makes my vehicles run well. I buy gas from the one station all the time. When I go to Green Bay (WI) to visit family, I only buy from the Shell down there because that's where I bought from when I lived there. Oh, and also the Express by the stadium when I lived nearby too.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links