Where do you purchase your fuel

This is a discussion on Where do you purchase your fuel within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Print out the names of the Okay Gas stations and keep on your sun visor. so when you have a choice buy right. You might ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where do you purchase your fuel

Print out the names of the Okay Gas stations and keep on your sun visor. so when you have a choice buy right.
    You might want to pass this on. Take a look at WALMART. WOW they do it right (Notice where WalMart gets their gasoline!)
    Where to buy American gasoline. This is very important to know. Read on.
    Gas rationing in the 70's worked even though we grumbled about it. It might even have been good for us!
    Are you aware that the Saudis are boycotting American products? In addition, they are gouging us on oil prices.
    Shouldn't we return the favor? Can't we take control of our own destiny and let these giant oil importers know who REALLY generates their profits, their livings? How about leaving American Dollars in America and reduce the import/export deficit?
    An appealing remedy might be! to boycott their GAS. Every time you fill up your car you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia . Just purchase gas from companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis.
    Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill up my tank, I'm sending my money to people who I get the impression want me, my family and my friends dead. The following gas companies import Middle Eastern oil:
    Shell..................................... 205,742,000 barrels
    Chevron/Texaco....................... 144,332,000 barrels
    Exxon /Mobil.......................... 130,082,000 barrels
    Marathon/Speedway.................. 117,740,000 barrels
    Amoco................................... 62,231,000 barrels
    And CITGO oil is imported from Venezuela by Dictator Hugo Chavez who hates America and openly avows our economic destruction! (We pay Chavez's regime nearly $10 Billion per year in oil revenues!)
    The U .S. currently imports 5,517,000 barrels of crude oil per day from OPEC. If you do the math at $100 per barrel, that's over $550 million PER DAY ($200 BILLION per year!) handed over to OPEC, many of whose members are our confirmed enemies!!! It won't stop here - oil prices could go to $200 a barrel or higher if we keep buying their product.
    *******Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:
    Sunoco............................0 barrels
    Conoco............................0 barrels
    0ASinclair........................0 barrels
    BP / Phillips......................0 barrels
    Hess..............................0 barrels
    ARC0.............................0 barrels
    Maverick.........................0 barrels
    Flying J..........................0 barrels
    Valero............................0 barrels
    Murphy Oil USA*................0 barrels
    *Sold at Wal-Mart <;

, gas is from South Arkansas and fully USA owned and produced.
    *Not only that but they give scholarships to all children in their town who finish high school and are legal US citizens…
    All of this information is available from the U.S. Department of Energy and each company is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing

Well for me, BP is out of the question
    shhhhh, librarian packing

I do not shop BP. I cut up my cc a long time ago, and our local store has a gun-buster sign on the door. They don't get my $.
    "A man has a right to protect his property and his life"
    Robert Duvall
    Open Range

BP is producing fuel in the USA. As I understand each BP station is owned by a local person. Not buying BP fuel is not hurting the Major Corp, but hurting the local owner.
    I just filled up at a BP store to help the local owner and will continue to do so when the oportunity is there.
    If you do not want to purchase from BP, I am sure there are other stations available that do not buy from the Middle East. Do a research in your area.

AzB
    After Katrina and the ridiculous lines for oil and the local price gouging, I discovered that driving less was the best solution for me. I drove 3k miles last year. (Down from 40k a year in the 80s, and 25k a year in the 90s)The whole oil based economy and culture is not in our best interests, long term or short term.
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

Sunoco, gas of NASCAR!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

cmb
    I don't gas up anywhere that charges me more to use my credit card and pay at the pump, they cahrge me and their employees work less. What they are upset at is they don't get to sell the overpriced stuff in the store which is where they make their money anyway, the local owner makes 1-5 cents on gas... somebody somewhere is getting rich and it ain't the locals...

I beleive and feel free to differ that gas prices are high and will remain high so enough money can be made so when the world wakes up and goes to solar and wind energy they will have enough money to by the sun and the air and charge us for that! (for a while we will need a certain amount of gas and diesel (trucking, airplanes, cargo ships, trains, but most of our homes and our cars could go solar / electric and wind without much change to our lifestyle).

This is a little off topic, the electic company will be selling (some are now) you energy which is solar, they must maintain their equipment. An individual can save a bundle by going solar just at home...

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I buy almost exclusively BP and will continue unless I'm given a reason. I buy a gas based on what runs my truck and bike best.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Flying J whenever possible.

I have gone with BP on occasions along with Speedway and that's about it.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I do about 3300 miles per month. So I buy whatever fuel I can get as cheap as I can get it.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Looks like BP might be getting my business instead of shell. Where did you get this info?
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

some of these facts are a little suspect see snopes.com: Saudi Gas Boycott. Also remember that pretty much all of the oil is actually refined in the United States which a large number (at least tens but I think its more like hundreds thousands) of Americans employed directly or indirectly through contract work.

I'm all for buying American, but this falls short on the realization that X amount of oil is produced in the world, and X amount is consumed. As long as we keep consuming it, everybody who has oil to produce is going to do it.

Now, I think the general principle is a sound one though, for political reasons we should not be forced to buy our fuel from our enemies and the friends of enemies. But that's the oil, the individual companies listed out here is in reality a bunch of multinational corporations that don't answer to foreign powers, they answer to stock holders. I neither trust them or hate them. I need fuel to get to work, so I buy the best quality fuel for the least amount I can.
    "Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense."
    Ron Paul.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Exxon
    Shell
    Citgo
    Texaco
    7 Eleven
    Valero

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyrone View Post
    BP is producing fuel in the USA. As I understand each BP station is owned by a local person. Not buying BP fuel is not hurting the Major Corp, but hurting the local owner.
    I just filled up at a BP store to help the local owner and will continue to do so when the oportunity is there.
    If you do not want to purchase from BP, I am sure there are other stations available that do not buy from the Middle East. Do a research in your area.
    Buying the gas from the local BP is in fact a shot in the gut of the mammoth. The owners make almost NO profit on the fuel sales, I think I remember hearing $.01 per gallon, or less. It is a contract they sign when they get their franchise, the fuel does not come out of their pocket, it is an asset.

All of the local BP shop's profit, and that of any gas station for that matter, come from inside sales. Food, tobacco, especially fountain drinks. That 64oz behemoth drink you just paid $2.99 for, cost less than a dime (mostly the cost of the cup and straw). You want to help out the small business owners of the BP, buy a soda, but do not buy their gas. Not till they make it right.
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links