Gulf Oil Spill Not An Accident?

This is a discussion on Gulf Oil Spill Not An Accident? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm thinking that there are too many coincidences in the days leading up to this BP disaster (and following). Then I read this and I'm ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gulf Oil Spill Not An Accident?

Gulf Oil Spill Not An Accident?

I'm thinking that there are too many coincidences in the days leading up to this BP disaster (and following). Then I read this and I'm really thinking that we're being sold a bag of goods by the powers that be.

Evidence Points To BP Oil Spill False Flag

2. Remove Ads

This is an Alex Jones website. He is very funny but not to be taken seriously. I would not take him any more serious than his new bud, Jesse Ventura

Administrator
    I have not viewed the linked video yet, but my gut feeling when this first went down that it was no accident. I have no knowledge or evidence to suggest that it was not an accident.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I remember that shortly after the incident Obama was on TV saying he was sending SWAT teams and military personnel to the rigs. I'm still stuck on SWAT teams and military. If it were an accident why would Obama send SWAT teams?

Nothing more has been said since then.
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I have not viewed the linked video yet, but my gut feeling when this first went down that it was no accident. I have no knowledge or evidence to suggest that it was not an accident.

Same here, but I do have a theory... (didn't read the article yet, BTW, I may be recanting this soon)

Here goes....

There has been a debate raging in Florida, for a few years now, regarding off shore drilling. You may remember Sarah Palin visiting on the campaign and chanting "Drill, baby, drill!"

Well, it was pretty unlilely, seeing as the vast majority of Florida's economy is based on tourism, and the school of thought is that having a bunch of oil rigs just off the nice snady beaches would be an eyesore to visitors, and thus, would cost the state far more in tourism dollars than it would ever produce.

Enter BP.... by my thinking, BP could have decided that if the beaches are ruined, well, who is going to come to Florida anyhow? Besides, there are more beaches on the other side? (Just like they told shrimpers that there are other places that have shrimp)

Now, with those pesky beaches all but out of the way, they are free to drill...and hey, they are doing Florida a favor, seeing as the tourism has fallen off so sharply!

Again, just a theory, and I hope I am wrong!
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Quote Originally Posted by jackson85746 View Post
    I remember that shortly after the incident Obama was on TV saying he was sending SWAT teams and military personnel to the rigs. I'm still stuck on SWAT teams and military. If it were an accident why would Obama send SWAT teams?

Nothing more has been said since then.
    I personally don't think that the Swat/military thing was so remarkable. In this day and age Mr. Obama (or any other president) has to take into account the possibility of a terrorist act.
    Regarding Alex Jones, I don't quite know what to make of him. He strikes me as being a genuine lover of Liberty, but certainly something of a moonbat as well (you can love freedom and still be a nut, obviously). Whenever I see him on YouTube or elsewhere, I'm reminded of and old sketch on HBO's "Not Necessarily the News" (mid-'80s) when the character "Mad Dog LaMont" was running for president. His campaign motto was: "Sure, he sounds crazy... But what if he's right?"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming09 View Post
    I personally don't think that the Swat/military thing was so remarkable. In this day and age Mr. Obama (or any other president) has to take into account the possibility of a terrorist act.
    Regarding Alex Jones, I don't quite know what to make of him. He strikes me as being a genuine lover of Liberty, but certainly something of a moonbat as well (you can love freedom and still be a nut, obviously). Whenever I see him on YouTube or elsewhere, I'm reminded of and old sketch on HBO's "Not Necessarily the News" (mid-'80s) when the character "Mad Dog LaMont" was running for president. His campaign motto was: "Sure, he sounds crazy... But what if he's right?"
    Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean the world isn't out to get you....
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

First The Anointed One decrees that the peasants may drill and use their nations oil (sort of, with restrictions, fees, studies, approval by various agencies and czars, in a few places maybe sometime soon).

Next we have the BP disaster.

Finally, we have a big mess, no more oil for us ungrateful peons, another crisis to blame for his failed policies, another reason for cap and tax, and maybe nationalization of some oil companies.

Is this all coincidence?
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    First The Anointed One decrees that the peasants may drill and use their nations oil (sort of, with restrictions, fees, studies, approval by various agencies and czars, in a few places maybe sometime soon).

Next we have the BP disaster.

Finally, we have a big mess, no more oil for us ungrateful peons, another crisis to blame for his failed policies, another reason for cap and tax, and maybe nationalization of some oil companies.

Is this all coincidence?
    No.
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

No it was not an 'accident', it was mechanical and procedural negligence on the part of BP.

Accidents are events that occur that cannot be reasonably predicted to occur or prevent.
    Negligence on the other hand results from _actions_ that are reasonably predictable to result in failure of some sort to some degree.

BPs cascading actions, inaction and activities in the weeks and days leading up to the day of the blow out are all well within the area of negligence.

Tripping while running outside to fall and skin your knee or break a wrist, that is an accident.
    Being tripped by a person who has stuck a foot out in front of you as you run outside to then fall and skin your knee or break a wrist, that is negligence.

BP is criminally negligent.
    There was noting accidental about this spill....And they know it.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...nce.html?cat=9

http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/05/0...ans/index.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...n6447697.shtml

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE64O75Q20100526

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    No it was not an 'accident', it was mechanical and procedural negligence on the part of BP.
    Very good point.

After my Uncle-in-law passing away from a horrible accident end of March due to an oil company (and my subsequent research into oil accidents). I'm beginning to realize they aren't accidents but negligence. Said oil company was already under investigation by OSHA for safety violations before the fatal negligence occurred.

Pretty crazy how these companies are racking in so much profit and have so little oversight. Or maybe it's because those that would do the 'oversight' have their own finances tied up in those companies. The ties that bind. Remember Rahm Emanuel's rent-free D.C. apartment? The owner: A BP adviser | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

Senior Moderator
    +1 Janq
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Tagged for future ref.

Kyle
    Be responsible for your own actions.
    ---
    http://www.calguns.net/

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post

EXACTLY! There are a LOT of loose ends, and strange time frames involved. Time will tell.

I don't buy into the notion that he sent actual SWAT teams guns drawn to the scene. "SWAT team" has more than one meaning, not just militarized police units with high powered rifles. I work in the technology field and have been on a so called "SWAT Team" to come in and troubleshoot a particular problem. My job was to determine root cause and either fix it or give a recommended course of action for someone else to fix it.

Though I'm sure there was some sort of naval vessel on the lookout just in case, as there probably should have been for a "suspicious" event as it appeared at first. Now that facts have come out, I'm one to believe it was negligence. We (the USA) need to be self sufficient and need to be drilling for our own oil, but not at the expense of the ocean and our coastline.
    "Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense."
    Ron Paul.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links