Airsoft Pistols

Airsoft Pistols

This is a discussion on Airsoft Pistols within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Does anyone here own any Airsoft Pistols? I was thinking about getting one on my last trip to Wally World. I was thinking that it ...

Thread: Airsoft Pistols

Airsoft Pistols

Does anyone here own any Airsoft Pistols? I was thinking about getting one on my last trip to Wally World. I was thinking that it would be good for playing around out in my shop. They had one that came with a sticky target. Just thought it might be fun. Are they just a waste? Let me know what you guys/gals think ok.
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

I thought that they would make a neat toy, especaly cause they fire 6mm paintballs I just wish the Glock 19 version was balanced exactly like a loaded Glock 19, and they had a standard Glock trigger, not a NY style trigger.
    Then I would deffenetly get one for indoor dryfire, point shooting, and draw stroke practice.

Lead Moderator
    I find them useful for indoor draw and fire practice or just having fun shooting paper. Be careful and wear safety glasses, they do shoot fast enough to sting , welt and could damage an eye.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Theyre alot of fun - but like stated before wear eye protection. Those little balls bounce around like crazy. Not to metion that they hurt like crazy if you happen to get shot in the back of the leg with one.

Hey Wayne, wana play "Army"?

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    Like said above, great for draw practice, sight picture, and even introducing inexperienced persons to guns.
    Curry

Senior Member Array blueyedevil's Avatar
    I have one, and I'd say they're worthwhile. Even if it's not EXACTLY like your carry piece. If you can get practice on sight picture and trigger control while sitting on your couch, that's gotta be a good thing.

I had one, gave it to my grandson after I took him shooting the real thing (going to take another grandson shooting tomorrow-have 10 grand children),
    Good for practicing draw and shoot as already said in the inexpensive models. Of course you can always get one of the weighted, realistic ones with the actual moving slide upon firing.
    Personally I like the inexpensive ones, for close to $300 for the "good ones" I'd rather spend the money on ammo, leather or toward another gun.
    All in all, a good practice tool and lots of fun in the backyard.

Links