Solar storm a serious threat around 2012 - Page 2

Solar storm a serious threat around 2012

This is a discussion on Solar storm a serious threat around 2012 within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by QKShooter EVERYBODY should have a minimum of 3 days EXTRA food & water on hand for every member of the household. I ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    EVERYBODY should have a minimum of 3 days EXTRA food & water on hand for every member of the household.

I have gone quite a bit beyond that.

I would suggest that folks pick their poison and prepare.
    Because whatever it is that's a comin' - it ain't going to be good.

Folks say "We're not out of the woods yet."

Trust me...we haven't even gone INTO the woods yet.
    Yeah, down here in FL we have weeks worth just because you don't want to be stuck in line at the grocery store and realize they have none of what you need when that storm is days out.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Administrator
    I'm going to glue rhinestones to my tin foil hat. That ought to do the trick.
    "Just blame Sixto"

OH golly the Y2K people are re born.......
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Quote Originally Posted by ZRow1 View Post
    Are you ready for chaos to come out of seemingly nowhere? Do you have a 30/60/90 day reserve of survival gear and food? And, can you defend your "stuff" when the "feces hits the fan?" Sure you live in a most peaceful place now and you feel it couldn't happen where you live, but what if . . .watch the short video below. . .just food for thought.

Solar storm a serious threat around 2012

I don't need food. My subjects will provide for me in exchange for peace and security.

Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    I know a few people that are the "survivalist" type. That is a bit much even for me.... I keep a 3 day BOB ready. If I need more I can ration what I have in the house until I can find supplies. Keeping a well stocked pantry is a good thing even if it isn't for planning for Armageddon.

Bottled water, sardines, Ramen, rice, tuna, jerky, chipped beef, and even coffee. The water is a must but pick a starch and a meat source to maintain strength so you can catch real food.
    You sir, have taken a step in the right direction. FEMA is a 72 hour response agency. As in you are on your own for at least 72 hours.
    The big question is how close are you to where they aregoing to be passing out the goodies?

Quote Originally Posted by 4evrinblujns View Post
    OK just ordered one size fits all space suit and put 2grand in cash in the safe i'm ready. next thread.
    Cash is only good if there is still a government to back it. And even if there is a federal government you might be in a barter mode for quite a while before the infrastructure is restored.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    These sorts of headlines about solar flares and dire predictions related to them, crop up with amazing regularity through the years. We are still here.
    Thats right, ruin our panic with facts.....

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    Hmm...so I should invest in solar cells and batteries and mass produce my own power to sell to the pitiful masses that were too stupid to capitalize on the opportunity?
    There you go! Capitalism at it's best! (or are we not supposed to like capitalism anymore?)

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    EVERYBODY should have a minimum of 3 days EXTRA food & water on hand for every member of the household.

I have gone quite a bit beyond that.

I would suggest that folks pick their poison and prepare.
    Because whatever it is that's a comin' - it ain't going to be good.

Folks say "We're not out of the woods yet."

Trust me...we haven't even gone INTO the woods yet.
    Lots of folks don't think about the water. If you have enough water the food will become available...... eventually. You can live how long without food? And how long without water?

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    I've been prepared for many disasters. We have a bug out or in bag and extra supplies to last us about 2 weeks and in the next 6 months, I'm increasing that duration to 2 months if all goes to plan.
    Thats a good start. Don't forget the water though.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexHassin View Post
    Oww great Iím suppose to be in the Middle East that spring. Dam it, I going to get burnt, and if something goes wrong I am going to hear so many conspiracies about it. Just like swine flu.
    Maybe Rob can hook you up with some of that sun screen!

Quote Originally Posted by gilraen View Post
    The ozone layers should block out most of the harmful rays. It's our space-born telecommunications that will bear the brunt of the sunspots' emissions.
    What is with this rational thought? This is the internet! Rational thought belongs in places like schools and politics and the news media!

I think I am going to run out and buy a bedazzler so I can follow Sixto's lead.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Are these the same guys who dreamed up global warming? I've got food and water for a week, but guessing I won't need to use it ...
    "Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." Claude Bastiat

"Neatness counts, but bullets often count more." Elvis Cole, World's Greatest Detective.

cmb
    That's it! I'm skippin 2012 and goin right to 2013!

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Worldwide EMP... Sounds like a blast. I'll keep my handy dandy AK-47 and a few good books to pass the time.

Well, I've been meaning to get some good sunglasses anyway so this is a perfect excuse.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    We're not doing that end of the world stuff again, are we? If the solar flares take down the cell towers, I'm all for it.

DO you know why the Mayan calendar stops at 2012? For the same reason ours stops at Dec. 31st. They just never printed (chiseled?) the next one!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post

DO you know why the Mayan calendar stops at 2012? For the same reason ours stops at Dec. 31st. They just never printed (chiseled?) the next one!
    Why does it end then?

Because it has to end SOMETIME. It can't go on forever

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I always imagined some Mayan boss stopping in and asking some poor schlub how the calender is coming along. When the guy tells him he is almost done with 2012 his boss kicks him in the rear and tells him to knock it off and do some real work!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    Why does it end then?

IIRC, it is the end of a cycle. Twenty eight thousand years?

Senior Moderator
    All I know for sure for is if thay solar flare stuff messes up my sattelite Internet, I am going to be ticked!
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

At least its not a world cup year. If that thing messed up the next world cup I would be majorly put off.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    Why does it end then?

Doesn't your calendar "end" on Dec. 31, 2010? Maybe that's the last year that would fit on the rock. Geez! Maybe the 2013 rock got lost in the mail.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links