Background check came back with something wrong?

This is a discussion on Background check came back with something wrong? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So I have recently done the DOJ fingerprint and background checks as we all have to get my CCW back in February. I bought my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Background check came back with something wrong?

Background check came back with something wrong?

So I have recently done the DOJ fingerprint and background checks as we all have to get my CCW back in February. I bought my Glock about a month or so ago, transferred another gun to my name from a friend. All of these background checks came back with no problems and pretty fast too.

We (wife and I) had to do the DOJ, FBI and whatever else background checks are done to become foster parents. They called yesterday and the social worker said that there was a problem with my background check??? She said something to the wife about a sub arrest portion??

So I contacted the police department we did the livescan at and they said that it could be any number of reasons why there is a hold up on it. It could be they are just backed up......

My question is how could I pass all of these background checks and I know the CCW one is the most stringent and get it to have something wrong this time.

I have not even had so much as a ticket since any of the other background checks have been done. I have never been arrested or had any other problems for that matter.

Anyone have any ideas of what the deal is or how I can go about finding out what is going on???? I'm at a loss and can only think that maybe it is because I have had so many background checks done recently?? I don't know but it is bugging me.
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

2. Remove Ads

You have guns in the house. The social workers probably found out you had done checks for concealed weapons.' Not a child safe home you know.'

I don't know. I have 2 job offers both of which require secret clearances and they haven't come back yet and it's been 3 weeks so far, hoping they get on it so I can get back to work.

What Raevan said makes sense in your case though.

Thats is weird wonder if the guys are right they saw guns and thats the problem

Administrator
    It could be something as simple as somebody goofed.
    Don't give up.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Lead Moderator
    paperwork and politics tend to grind slowly and screw up sometimes. hang in there.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by .45acp
    I don't know. I have 2 job offers both of which require secret clearances and they haven't come back yet and it's been 3 weeks so far, hoping they get on it so I can get back to work.
    The return time can vary greatly depending on the type of clearance requested. If it's a NAC it could be weeks, a BI months!

The fastest I've ever seen was when I retired from the military. I think a "bring-up" for my BI crossed the same desk as the NAC from my new employer, and the NAC was granted in 4 days. My employer wanted to know who the hell I was!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Assistant Administrator
    Hopefully - just one word - ''Beaurocratic process"
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    My money is that there is an issue with someone with a similar name or same name , diff dob and the holdup is taking the time to make shure that YOU are not the person in question .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Thanks, The gun issue may come into play but she saw the safe and understood that I held a CCW permit and also asked about all of the training I have had. The funny thing is that the child is in our home. They allowed her to join our family prior to all of the checks coming back..... That I thought was strange. Although we had been qualified foster parents 2 years ago.
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

With all the problems that have been occuring around the US with foster as well as adoptions, CPS or whoever does the checks dig into every public record and are waiting to get a few back.

I wouldn't worry about it. And it's also true about what type of "clearance" they are running. In the Air Force I had a secret at my first duty station and then needed a TS at my second. The secret took only a month or so (if that long). The TS (not to mention the paperwork I had to do just to get it started) took about four months (it depends on what level of TS that you are going for).

That reminds me, does ANYONE remember who your kindergarden teacher was? They got that specific. I couldn't remember, neither could my parents, I wonder if the FBI and OSI know

Wayne

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne
    That reminds me, does ANYONE remember who your kindergarden teacher was? They got that specific. I couldn't remember, neither could my parents, I wonder if the FBI and OSI know
    My TS-SBI took over 6 months! But I fooled them....... I never went to kindergarden!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Yea RS it dates us but some of us did not have that playschool year lol
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

VIP Member
    Glad to know I'm not the only one who wanted to ask, "What kindergarten teacher?"
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

RS,

The reason that my parents don't remember either is because it was a Dutch school. The true Kinder Garden so to speak (well, Dutch is closer to German then English).

I went to 1st thru 3rd grade at the base school before my father was restationed to the US.

Wayne

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links