English/Grammar Lessons Not Needed!

This is a discussion on English/Grammar Lessons Not Needed! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just a small rant from me. I figured this was a good place to put this so I wouldn't disturb the threads I read them ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: English/Grammar Lessons Not Needed!

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar

Just a small rant from me. I figured this was a good place to put this so I wouldn't disturb the threads I read them in. I figured since they can say it, I would just say it here to get it out of my system.

In the last few days and previously, I've noticed people on the forum in different sections correcting others on grammar or spelling.

This is not English 101 folks, it's the internet, it's a defensive carry (weapons) discussion forum, not a spelling and grammar forum. If you cannot get over your need to correct people, I suggest (and no, I'm not a moderator or administrator) you join another forum for grammar and spelling correctness and you can pound away all day at them, get it out of your system and then come back here and talk about the subjects at hand.

Why do I care you ask, I'm just another member who doesn't feel the need to degrade others for their typing skills or grammar or lack of and possibly loose a valuable contributions due to your inability to control your fingers and quite frankly, I just dislike jerks and bullies.

Have a nice day!
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

AzB
    And you have terrific grammar!
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    yeah Whut hee sed/

VIP Member
    Hucked on fonics works 4 me.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Y34h, gr4mm4r n4zis is t3h sux.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    Just a small rant from me. I figured this was a good place to put this so I wouldn't disturb the threads I read them in. I figured since they can say it, I would just say it here to get it out of my system.

In the last few days and previously, I've noticed people on the forum in different sections correcting others on grammar or spelling.

This is not English 101 folks, it's the internet, it's a defensive carry (weapons) discussion forum, not a spelling and grammar forum. If you cannot get over your need to correct people, I suggest (and no, I'm not a moderator or administrator) you join another forum for grammar and spelling correctness and you can pound away all day at them, get it out of your system and then come back here and talk about the subjects at hand.

Why do I care you ask, I'm just another member who doesn't feel the need to degrade others for their typing skills or grammar or lack of and possibly loose a valuable contributions due to your inability to control your fingers and quite frankly, I just dislike jerks and bullies.

Have a nice day!
    Didn't you mean lose valuable contributions? Loose and lose have different meanings.

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Didn't you mean lose valuable contributions? Loose and lose have different meanings.
    lol!
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Administrator

Behind The Scenes

You folks should be made aware of the fact that some threads put up by members are actually initially so bad that they are for all intent and purpose...totally unreadable.

When they are the original post in the thread - I DO go in and run a Spell Check & and do a minimum amount of necessary correction.

In a lengthy post it's not at all unusual for there to be well over 50+ various assorted errors.

I'm (for sure) not "Gods Gift" to the English language but, at least folks can read what I type.

I agree with the OP of this thread that other members should not be slammed because their posts are not perfect.

The "flip side of the coin" is that members should at least put in a wee bit of effort to make sure that their typed thoughts and opinions can be grasped/understood by fellow forum members.

We really DO want to hear what you have to say but, we are not military code-breakers.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    I've seen some pretty bad grammer/spelling on our forum and NO, I've never corrected anyone. However we should realize that our postings are a reflection of ourselves to those nonshooters/noncarriers who happen to stumble across our site. I don't think we want to come across as uneducated neanderthals, thereby confirming all the inuendos/lies of the media's smear campaign. I'm sure I've commited my share of blunders, but I would encourage everyone to try their best. You never know who's reading our posting's.
    There, did I use / often enough?
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    You folks should be made aware of the fact that some threads put up by members are actually initially so bad that they are for all intent and purpose...totally unreadable.

When they are the original post in the thread - I DO go in and run a Spell Check & and do a minimum amount of necessary correction.

In a lengthy post it's not at all unusual for there to be well over 50+ various assorted errors.

I'm (for sure) not "Gods Gift" to the English language but, at least folks can read what I type.

I agree with the OP of this thread that other members should not be slammed because their posts are not perfect.

The "flip side of the coin" is that members should at least put in a wee bit of effort to make sure that their typed thoughts and opinions can be grasped/understood by fellow forum members.

We really DO want to hear what you have to say but, we are not military code-breakers.
    I understand QKShooter, you have a hard job and I don't envy you one bit and I'm sure there are some post that need the help.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

LOL, good catch

Ya' gotta' admit, there is a lot of humor within these here threads...

We all make typos from time to time, but I have enjoyed 'correcting' those who try to make corrections of others.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    I've seen some pretty bad grammer/spelling on our forum and NO, I've never corrected anyone. However we should realize that our postings are a reflection of ourselves to those nonshooters/noncarriers who happen to stumble across our site. I don't think we want to come across as uneducated neanderthals, thereby confirming all the inuendos/lies of the media's smear campaign. I'm sure I've commited my share of blunders, but I would encourage everyone to try their best. You never know who's reading our posting's.
    There, did I use / often enough?
    A good point my friend. We also don't want to come across as a site full of pompous people who are unwilling to see past our noses, thus comfirming the other side of the media's/brady's campaign against us as being a bunch of self absorbed gun toting crazies. We want to portray ourselves as ordinary Americans who want just what's best for ourselves and this country.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Ya' gotta' admit, there is a lot of humor within these here threads...

We all make typos from time to time, but I have enjoyed 'correcting' those who try to make corrections of others.
    Exactly Retsupt99, for those who make corrections sooner or later make their own mistakes. It never fails.

Administrator
    pple shud try 2 rembr that u r not sposed 2 txt messg on r dc 4um

Because we DO get that also.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links