Letter from IRAQ

Letter from IRAQ

This is a discussion on Letter from IRAQ within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; An exert from a e mail from my nephew in IRAQ, let us not forget and keep them all in our prayers and letters. It ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Letter from IRAQ

Exclamation Letter from IRAQ

An exert from a e mail from my nephew in IRAQ, let us not forget and keep them all in our prayers and letters.
    It is nice to hear that others appreciate the hard work and sacrifice that us service members give daily. It definitely is not an easy life, sometimes it can be quite emotionally draining. I had to go to a memorial service given for a friend of mine about a month ago and it was very hard to sit through, especially when you know that the family he loved so much is now left to survive on their own. The service was for 2 soldiers, the other one had just seen his wife graduate college via a video link the day before he was killed. It truly can be quite the emotional rollercoaster that we ride. I will say this though, the men and women we have serving are willing to give their best to defend our freedom no matter what the majority of Americans think. Like they say, freedom really isn't free.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Sheldon,
    Thats a great exert. Thats all too true! I do pray for and apreciate all of the servicemen/servicewomen that sacrafice so much, for us.

My cousin is off to "the sandbox" in August. I was talking to his wife for 30min yesterday. He is curently stationed in Ft.Hood, working 12hr days. Needless to say, his wife is not very happy w/h his CO.

Thank you to all those who fight for us. We owe all of them the greatest and most sincerist gratitude.

"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my children may have peace." - Thomas Paine

They fight so that someday, hopefully, our children will not have to.
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Assistant Administrator
    My heart goes out to the bereaved families and I can but imagine as this guy describes, the rollercoaster ride for the emotions.

Freedom most certainly is not free - we owe these (mostly very young) guys an eternal debt of gratitude.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Sheldon: Tell your nephew we appreciate their sacrifices, and "Thank Them" everday in our thoughts!

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Lead Moderator
    Sometimes we forget, especially us old troops. The internet has brought the war back to the family like never before. It used to take a week for a letter to get home, now people are chatting from the war zone in near real time. I imagine the emotions can run both ways.

Of course in a way the support is there a lot sooner when it's needed.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Awhile back they were looking for IT people to work over there and I thought about it but a SF Officer friend of mine told me to stay away, that it's a real s*it hole, worse than the liberal newsies make it seem.

GOD bless our troops.

Quote Originally Posted by .45acp
    Awhile back they were looking for IT people to work over there and I thought about it but a SF Officer friend of mine told me to stay away, that it's a real s*it hole, worse than the liberal newsies make it seem.

GOD bless our troops.
    I was seriously considering going over as a Firefighter, but the wife quickly nixed that idea.
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

VIP Member
    Thanks for sharing the letter from your nephew Sheldon....God bless him and everyone else "over there."
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar

Impart my thanks to your

newphew from North Dakota. They all are in my thoughts and prayers daily
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

There are no finer in all the world than our men and women over there giving their all. There is just no way to let them know how much I appreciate what they do. Whenever I think life gets tough I think about what our young people are going through over there and my life is a piece of cake.
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

VIP Member
    Thank you for sharing this, Sheldon J

All the troops are in our thoughts and prayers.
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Administrator
    Please pass along my sincere Thanks also and ask him to please pass our Thank You around over there.

Oh I think the Majority of Americans look upon them as heroes.

It is just the Loudmouth Lib Left Wing Idiotic Morons grabbing the media attention for their nonsense spouting.
    That is what they do best...fool people into thinking that a LOT of Americans think just the way they do...& we (for sure) do not.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I've sent him the link he can see for him self although he is not registerd to post I will pass along any comments.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Thank You for sharing the thoughts of one of our heroes. My son spent a year in Iraq and I feel blessed that he returned. May God hold our troops in the hollow of His hand as we hold them in the depths of our hearts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links