Car broken into

This is a discussion on Car broken into within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Not sure if this is the proper forum or not... Question: last night my car was broken into and I only lost a couple things. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car broken into

Car broken into

Not sure if this is the proper forum or not...

Question: last night my car was broken into and I only lost a couple things. They were smart enough to use a screwdriver and coat hanger But they looked through my trunk, which has targets from the range (with very tight patterns btw). My NRA certificate was on the back seat. My concern is a follow up visit by these idiots looking for an easy take. (bad idea but a concern). It looks like they bailed once they opened the trunk but I can't be sure. I have my ccw and plan to be prepared, but I don't want to become obsessed with this.

Side note. The officer that took the report was very kind regarding ccw and suggested that it was good idea. Very good encounter. Only problem he loves his glock and I love my xd. Lol.
    --
    Sig Sauer SP2022

It is better to live one day as a lion than one thousand as a sheep.

2. Remove Ads

Happy everything turned out ok. Need to invest in a good car alarm.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Well at least you were smart enough to lock your car doors. Where I work we have been taking reports every night for the past month for people missing stuff from their UNLOCKED cars
    I doubt they would be dumb enough to return to your house if they did in fact put two and two together. If they know you have guns in the house I don't think they would be stupid enough to come back and find out first hand how good you can shoot
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Get four plastic guns, two plastic rifles...place them on your car seat.
    Stay in the house with your sniper rifle...

I know the feeling...a couple of years ago, my car was emptied of a 5-cell flashlight and my radar detector. Three months later the dirtbags were caught (after a 3 county spree) because they broke into an unmarked police car and took weapons and a cell phone. The idiots were using the cell phone and the cops traced its use to their home where they found over 80 items from their 'spree'. I got my stuff back and they (dirtbags) found out that stealing guns equals 'armed' burglary.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Get four plastic guns, two plastic rifles...place them on your car seat.
    Stay in the house with your sniper rifle...

I know the feeling...a couple of years ago, my car was emptied of a 5-cell flashlight and my radar detector. Three months later the dirtbags were caught (after a 3 county spree) because they broke into an unmarked police car and took weapons and a cell phone. The idiots were using the cell phone and the cops traced its use to their home where they found over 80 items from their 'spree'. I got my stuff back and they (dirtbags) found out that stealing guns equals 'armed' burglary.
    Isn't it nice when it turns around an bites them in the butt!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    i would be more concerned about a break in to your home when you are not there...possibly looking for the guns they know you own now...i dont know what the likelihood of this is but i would guess any guns you keep at home are secured somehow when you are away....

Do you have more guns and do you have a gun safe?
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Statistics.... thiefs who rob the same person twice. Pretty low!

Quote Originally Posted by 1911PKR View Post
    Statistics.... thiefs who rob the same person twice. Pretty low!
    Not necessarily. A lady used to live across the street from me who got broken into 3 times by the same people. Never found out who it was, but the evidence pointed to the same people each time.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I do keep my guns locked up for the most part. My wife is also usually home when I am not and typically is prepared for anything. I am also carrying on a more regular basis so at least one is with me at all times. I would like to think there is a low probability that they would try to break in, but who knows with these idiots.
    --
    Sig Sauer SP2022

It is better to live one day as a lion than one thousand as a sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Not necessarily. A lady used to live across the street from me who got broken into 3 times by the same people. Never found out who it was, but the evidence pointed to the same people each time.
    It happens,... but the statistics of it happening are Extremely LOW.

AzB
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911PKR View Post
    It happens,... but the statistics of it happening are Extremely LOW.
    Not as low as you'd think. Especially with items like guns that are easy to sell and worth a fair amount of cash. There are a lot of cases of burglars coming back 2 months later to take the insurance replacements for the first haul.
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

Take the NRA sticker out of the back window (I find other ways to support the NRA) and make sure your garage door opener in hidden in the car somewhere secure. Crooks are starting to mark the easy telling signs that someone might own guns. Obviously looking in the trunk might have yielded them some easy firearms. Thankfully none were present. We just had a rash of car break ins to get at garage door openers.

Of course it could have just been some stupid kids out looking for kicks too.
    Best Regards from Minnesota,

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by DIABLO9489 View Post
    Well at least you were smart enough to lock your car doors. Where I work we have been taking reports every night for the past month for people missing stuff from their UNLOCKED cars
    When I lived in a apartment, my neighbor had both of his ALARMED cars busted up and lots of entertainment equipment stolen. He lost a lot of stuff.
    Me, I never locked my truck. All I lost was a $50 WalMart CD player. I bet my neighbor paid more than that for one window of glass.

That's what I told the cop when I made a report too. I could live without a radio for a while (since I was a broke college student), but I bet it was mighty chilly driving around with a duct tape window that winter.
    ....it might very well be cheaper to not lock your doors. Just don't leave anything valuable in your car. That's my take on it anyway.

My cousin had an issue where someone was popping his trunk about once a week. I loaned him a Paintball mine that we use while playing.

Paintball Mines

He was only broken into once more :D

HTC Thunderbolt....4G Lightning Speed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links