Lethality of 22 Rimfire CCI Sabot Birdshot

Lethality of 22 Rimfire CCI Sabot Birdshot

This is a discussion on Lethality of 22 Rimfire CCI Sabot Birdshot within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Cottonmouth: 0, Richard: 1 Scenario: Richard in "fear of life", standing on dock 4 feet above waterline, approximately 6 feet away. Images of Bert Gummer ...

Thread: Lethality of 22 Rimfire CCI Sabot Birdshot

Senior Moderator

Talking Lethality of 22 Rimfire CCI Sabot Birdshot

Cottonmouth: 0, Richard: 1

Scenario:
    Richard in "fear of life", standing on dock 4 feet above waterline, approximately 6 feet away. Images of Bert Gummer flashed through my head.....

Facts: (...just the facts.....):

Badguy:
    5 foot (oh...really about 14 or 15 feet, actually ) Cottonmouth,
    Weapon: Beretta Bobcat,
    Load: 22 Rimfire CCI Sabot Birdshot,
    Shooting distance: 12 Feet,
    Time: 8:46 PM
    Temperature: 89.75 F
    Other: CCI "patterned" nicely, BG's head above water,
    BUG: Glock 26, 124 gr GDHP

Conclusion: Good shoot. Snake is now "Good Snake" Wife happy Doberman ran to house to protect wife and herself (probably not in that order..... )

"He went on two legs, wore clothes and was a human being, but nevertheless he was in reality a wolf of the Steppes. He had learned a good deal . . . and was a fairly clever fellow. What he had not learned, however, was this: to find contentment in himself and his own life. The cause of this apparently was that at the bottom of his heart he knew all the time (or thought he knew) that he was in reality not a man, but a wolf of the Steppes."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock
    Doberman ran to house to protect wife and herself (probably not in that order..... )
    Nobody ever accused Dobermans of being stupid.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Assistant Administrator
    Quite impressive result.

I thought tho those CCI offerings were #12 "dust shot" - I have slain rats with those but am surprised a snake succumbed - good result
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    Quite impressive result.

I thought tho those CCI offerings were #12 "dust shot" - I have slain rats with those but am surprised a snake succumbed - good result
    I was happy with the shell performance. It is the "dust shot" like you said - #12. Of note, however, the Beretta failed to cycle properly with that load, so I had a FTE and FTL. Troublesome, but of no consequence in this situation.

Hmmm...maybe an excuse to shop for a new 22, say a revolver? Hmmm...Yep, I think so..... the "Snake Special Wheelie"

"He went on two legs, wore clothes and was a human being, but nevertheless he was in reality a wolf of the Steppes. He had learned a good deal . . . and was a fairly clever fellow. What he had not learned, however, was this: to find contentment in himself and his own life. The cause of this apparently was that at the bottom of his heart he knew all the time (or thought he knew) that he was in reality not a man, but a wolf of the Steppes."

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    why limit yourself , cci makes that stuff in .38 special and there are 9mm wheelies too lol
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Assistant Administrator
    True enough Richard - no good to cycle a semi that stuff - good to have a small wheelie on hand tho stoked with it - single six is one good candidate.

Don't forget too those fun rounds by Aguila - ''.22 Super Colibri'' - 20 grain bullets with primer propulsion - real quiet and if you connect at that sorta range - well useful
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Moderator
    Well, I have some 9mm sabot #11 loads for the Glock too, but I was a little concerned about the report (we have neighbors across the lake), and I had GDHP's loaded and onboard in my pocket anyway. But, you have a GREAT point! I DO kind of worry about the Glock cycling with that same load......Hmmmm.........Excellent point, my friend! Excellent!

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    Richard, when you get around to it, would post a report about the 9mm shotshells in your glock. I have been debating buying some of these to carry while hunting, for this very reason. I hunt in western Oklahoma, and there are alot of copperheads out that way. Thanks.
    Curry

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links