Bad, Bad Dreams

This is a discussion on Bad, Bad Dreams within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The 'voices' told me not to worry about dreams like that......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad, Bad Dreams

The 'voices' told me not to worry about dreams like that...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

Do you wake up liiiiiiiiiiiiike.....like THIS??? ---->

If so, then no, not yet. But now that you mention it, I probably will.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Locked out on a balcony of the Dark Tower...
    in my dreams, guns explode and hit me in places i wish to never be hit..
    All Day I Dream About Sigs

If you eat supper a little earlier in the evening it helps!!!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

I used to have those sort of dreams just before, during, and a little while after I reached the peak of my martial arts training. I would always try to dispatch the BG but no matter hard hard I tried, I couldn't move fast, or punch hard. It was like I was fighting in semi-dry concrete and the BG just laughed in my face.

I talked to my Sensei about it and he said the real reason it was happening was because while we trained hard, we'd always stop just short of the strike, or, when sparring, use lighter contact then we would in a high stress situation. He talked with the other black belts in the system and we all decided to practice the real thing. The only thing we didn't do was go for any sort of bone breaks.

It helped, but I would still have the dreams from time to time (about three times a week, down from almost every night).

It wasn't until I was forced to use my training in the real world that my dreams went away. I guess it was my mind saying "Oh, I really can do this, huh?"

Dunno what to tell you man, short of joining the military and getting some combat under your belt.
    Semper Paratus

‎"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    My dreams revolve around me buying cigarettes (quit 10 months ago) and rationalizing that I will only smoke on occasion... so real... and then I wake up not being able to breathe!
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

In mine...I am standing in front of the intruder in the hall naked...gun in hand and he starts laughing. At what I don't know?! So I shoot him!!! In the eye!

Have to ask my daughter the psychologist what that means some day?!
    Best Regards from Minnesota,

Rick

My boss has recommended I take melatonin to sleep at night (I have trouble sometimes). I've been afraid of dreams like this coming back. I'm also afraid I'll grab the gun (there's a few steps to do it, but I'm not entirely sure I won't) and that could be bad.
    Knowing is half the battle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links