Bad, Bad Dreams

Bad, Bad Dreams

This is a discussion on Bad, Bad Dreams within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Since I was a kid, I've always had those dreams of trying to run, or punch, or throw an object, and just couldn't seem to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad, Bad Dreams

Bad, Bad Dreams

Since I was a kid, I've always had those dreams of trying to run, or punch, or throw an object, and just couldn't seem to get to do.... the whole slow motion or 'restricted' feeling.

Well..... no I've having gun dreams. Either my pistol won't fire when I need it to, or worse, my bullets move far too slow! It's like firing an underpowered paint-ball gun.... the perps just see'm come'n and step aside.

Tell me I'm not alone!!!!

wow you are not. In mine i can't seem to pull the trigger. Its like a million pound trigger pull.(usually shooting my keltec p3at) Other times the bullets do nothing or i blink for like 4 seconds at a time when the bg is coming at me.(bg could be mugger with knife, bear,gaint snake, or scary monster)

And then comes the running away where every thing is slow mo and he's gaining on you.

Dreams are weird
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    My "bad dream" is where I'm pulling the trigger on a bad guy and nothing happens. I squeeze as hard as I can...and nothing happens.

This dream really pisses me off!!!
    Proud NRA member

I remember several weeks ago I was having a dream where I thought there could be some trouble, and then I felt comforted knowing that I had my Glock with me. I've put over 1000 rounds through the gun and done the malfunction clearance drills, so I just have complete confidence in its reliability. I also routinely carry backup weapons.

I think dreams are useful to show what your state of mind is and how you react to things, so what's your state of mind normally? Are you confident in your ability to handle the unexpected?

Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    Its like a million pound trigger pull.(usually shooting my keltec p3at)
    That's not a dream, that's reality. I don't remember much.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

I had a dream last night I went back to my Jujutsu class int he fall for the first class of the semester and I had no pants and no black belt :(
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

I also had a dream that my G19 FTF during a fight once.....but I knew it had to be a dream because that's impossible!
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Administrator
    Its very common, especially to those new to carrying a pistol.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeTen View Post
    Since I was a kid, I've always had those dreams of trying to run, or punch, or throw an object, and just couldn't seem to get to do.... the whole slow motion or 'restricted' feeling.

Well..... no I've having gun dreams. Either my pistol won't fire when I need it to, or worse, my bullets move far too slow! It's like firing an underpowered paint-ball gun.... the perps just see'm come'n and step aside.

Tell me I'm not alone!!!!

I have had the same dreams! When I pull the trigger it is slack like a broken toy pistol.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Ever since I can remember I've had the one where I'm pulling the trigger with all my strength and it just barely moves. I even watch the hammer come back ever so slowly, but it never falls before I wake up.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

VIP Member
    You are not alone.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Toilet ... dump!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I cant say Ive shared your experience but I have had a dream where I shot someone and it seemed so real it was scary.
    Even after I woke up I was still on edge for most of the day. It was a reality check and help me realize what emotions are to be expected if Im ever in such a situation.
    "I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders!" -- Ted Nugent
    "Not everyone can be born with common sense, some are born liberals." -- MM218

Quote Originally Posted by MedicMan218 View Post
    I cant say Ive shared your experience but I have had a dream where I shot someone and it seemed so real it was scary.
    Even after I woke up I was still on edge for most of the day. It was a reality check and help me realize what emotions are to be expected if Im ever in such a situation.
    I've had that one too. Other one is rounds hit but have no effect on the BG.

My gun nightmares revert to my childhood. I'll be shooting the bad guys and they WON'T drop, so I'll say, "Hey, I shot you - you're dead" and the bad guy will get off the floor and say "Am not!"
    Babyhulk
    NRA Life Member since 2010

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links