Follow these rules, they may one day save your life.
20 Rules for a Firefight!
1. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns. Bring their friends who have guns.
2. Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive.
3. Only hits count. Close doesnít count (except with a grenade). The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.
4. If your shooting stance is good, youíre probably not moving fast enough nor using cover correctly.
5. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend.
6. If you can choose what to bring to a gun fight, bring a long gun and a friend with a long gun.
7. In ten years, no one will remember the details of weapon, caliber, stance or tactics. They will only remember who lived and who didnít.
8. If youíre not shooting you should be reloading or running.
9. Use a gun that works EVERY TIME.
10. Someday someone may kill you with your own gun but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
11. In combat, there are no rules. Always cheat. Always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
12. Have a plan.
13. Have a back up plan because your first plan wonít work.
14. Use cover or concealment as much as possible. The visible target should be in front of YOUR gun.
15. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.
16. Donít drop your guard.
17. Watch their hands. Hands kill. In God we trust Ė everyone else keep your hands where we can see them.
18. Decide to be AGGRESSIVE enough QUICKLY enough.
19. The faster you finish a fight the less shot you will get.
20. Be polite. Be professional. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.