June 18th, 2010 03:15 PM
Follow these rules, they may one day save your life.
20 Rules for a Firefight!
1. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns. Bring their friends who have guns.
2. Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive.
3. Only hits count. Close doesnít count (except with a grenade). The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.
4. If your shooting stance is good, youíre probably not moving fast enough nor using cover correctly.
5. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend.
6. If you can choose what to bring to a gun fight, bring a long gun and a friend with a long gun.
7. In ten years, no one will remember the details of weapon, caliber, stance or tactics. They will only remember who lived and who didnít.
8. If youíre not shooting you should be reloading or running.
9. Use a gun that works EVERY TIME.
10. Someday someone may kill you with your own gun but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
11. In combat, there are no rules. Always cheat. Always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
12. Have a plan.
13. Have a back up plan because your first plan wonít work.
14. Use cover or concealment as much as possible. The visible target should be in front of YOUR gun.
15. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.
16. Donít drop your guard.
17. Watch their hands. Hands kill. In God we trust Ė everyone else keep your hands where we can see them.
18. Decide to be AGGRESSIVE enough QUICKLY enough.
19. The faster you finish a fight the less shot you will get.
20. Be polite. Be professional. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
"Someday someone may kill you with your own gun but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty."
"Leave the gun, take the cannoli."
June 18th, 2010 05:09 PM
Words of wisdom!
You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku
June 18th, 2010 05:32 PM
June 18th, 2010 05:52 PM
Many need to read and follow these rules.
June 18th, 2010 07:52 PM
Love this rule. Biting, eye gouging, dislocating joints, broken bones. The only rule is I WIN and I WILL do whatever it takes to do so.
In combat, there are no rules. Always cheat. Always win.
The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
Don't tread on me or mine.
I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.
June 18th, 2010 08:08 PM
Nice mantra... a bit wordy, but all so very true... now, to commit it to memory!
"You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
-Ruger P345; LCP
-Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
-Phoenix Arms Raven
June 18th, 2010 10:07 PM
"I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"
June 18th, 2010 11:51 PM
my favorite rule of all.
Originally Posted by SenileDavid
By Sticks in forum General Firearm Discussion
Last Post: May 24th, 2010, 08:53 PM
By 4my sons in forum Defensive Carry & Tactical Training
Last Post: June 19th, 2008, 12:34 AM
By Dolphin in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
Last Post: November 8th, 2007, 04:52 PM
By gddyup in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
Last Post: January 30th, 2006, 12:57 AM
By Team American in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
Last Post: December 16th, 2005, 11:03 AM
» DefensiveCarry Sponsors