Wow... talk about justice

This is a discussion on Wow... talk about justice within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by ccw9mm Yup. Very nearly the perfect outcome. I wonder ... does every state have statutes that cover charging perps with murder if ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wow... talk about justice

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Yup. Very nearly the perfect outcome.

I wonder ... does every state have statutes that cover charging perps with murder if anyone dies during the commission of their crimes, even if they weren't the ones who actually harmed the person?
    No! Some go so far as to have a "trigger" rule, which is a positive defense to get off the hook. There have been cases where the prosecution could not overcome "Reasonable Doubt" as to who fired the actual round, so both got a reduced charge.

That's why I posted:

I wish every State had that law on the books.
    IMHO -- Commit a felony and anyone dies as a direct results, it should be along side whatever highest level murder in that State.

It doesn't need to be something like an armed robbery, IMHO.

Lets say a guy is fleeing from a felony. That should become felony fleeing. Then lets say an LEO responding to the felony fleeing even from some distance away is involved in an accident and dies or kills someone. IMHO the guy fleeing from a felony knowingly/intentionally set that chain of events into motion -- a chain of events had a potential of killing someone.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    No! Some go so far as to have a "trigger" rule, which is a positive defense to get off the hook. There have been cases where the prosecution could not overcome "Reasonable Doubt" as to who fired the actual round, so both got a reduced charge.

That's why I posted:

IMHO -- Commit a felony and anyone dies as a direct results, it should be along side whatever highest level murder in that State.

It doesn't need to be something like an armed robbery, IMHO.

Lets say a guy is fleeing from a felony. That should become felony fleeing. Then lets say an LEO responding to the felony fleeing even from some distance away is involved in an accident and dies or kills someone. IMHO the guy fleeing from a felony knowingly/intentionally set that chain of events into motion -- a chain of events had a potential of killing someone.
    Agreed!!!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Quote Originally Posted by CCWFlaRuger View Post
    There is a line. If you shoot someone 17 times, you are most likely going to be charged with excessive force.
    Any good defense attorney can convince the jury, it was the 17th shot that stopped the threat ... and if you had shot only 16, you'ld be dead instead.

Awesome!!

Agree with everyone else tho, he didn't stop the threat.
    Babyhulk
    NRA Life Member since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    Man that makes me do the happy dance!

I was wondering if I were in the background would I have blew the back of the guy holding the gun on the clerks dome off since it is legal in GA to defend the life of another person if you are sure their life is threatened?

HRRMMM I bet that clerk would make me clean the counter of teeth and brain after the .45acp decapitated the idiot criminal.
    The only danger there would be that the clerk might think you were in on the robbery and take a few shots at you.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

This whole thing is so very sad.............

NOT!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links