Crazy deer!

Crazy deer!

This is a discussion on Crazy deer! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; deer protectinig it's fawn. Warning dog lovers don't watch!!!!! YouTube - Cranbrook Deer...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crazy deer!

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar

Crazy deer!

deer protectinig it's fawn. Warning dog lovers don't watch!!!!!
    YouTube - Cranbrook Deer
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

VIP Member
    Ouch! I guess that's why you should keep your dog under control.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    There are leash laws for a reason, not just trying to keep other people safe, need to keep your pets safe as well!
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

A mother's instinct to protect her young. Amazing! I feel sorry for the dog. I think he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. It's sad that wildlife ends up in a residential setting anyway. Urban/suburban sprawl is taking away their habitat. VERY VERY SAD! JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    how about the cat going over and slapping there deer after it tramped on the dog! It was just sad to see the dog get hurt just don't know why it didn't try and run!!!!
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

My chocolate lab is crippled up and can't run,shes got a bad hip,if that deer charged my dog in my yard there would be venison on the grill and somebody would be bottle feeding that fawn,good reminder that wild animals that look cute can kill in a heart beat
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    I hope the dog survived the ordeal. It wasn't after the fawn, definitely in the wrong place at the wrong time. Obviously not a fighting or mean dog either.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    My chocolate lab is crippled up and can't run,shes got a bad hip,if that deer charged my dog in my yard there would be venison on the grill and somebody would be bottle feeding that fawn,good reminder that wild animals that look cute can kill in a heart beat
    I'm with duk on this one! I love my dog, and I'll take care of the fawn if it comes to that!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Sorry but Bambi's mom would be taking a dirt nap if that were my dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbary View Post
    Bingo.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbary View Post
    I've got a 30-30 in the closet loaded with deer rounds for intruders. Would I hesitate to take it down if it was killing my dog? HELL NO, we're having venison that night!

If there was no time for obtaining the rifle, then I'm sure some .45 ACP 230gr Winchester DPX1 from my EDC 1911 would do the trick.

All that momma doe saw was a preditor desended from the wolf. All the women could do was scream. No one attempted to chase the deer away but then again it was a short clip. Hope the dog is ok. Those hoofs can be deadly.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

If it came after my dog, it would be inside a fenced in yard. On a semi-related note, a few dys ago, I looked out the kitchen window and noticed a small buck(4 points, still in velvet) walking towards the rear of my truck. I also couldn't help but notice one of our barn cats crouched down in a small patch of tall grass, about 10 yards from the deer. As I watched, the buck kept coming and the cat stayed perfectly still. As the deer was about to step on the cat, the cat had had enough and sprang up, literally at the deers feet to run a short distance away. At the same the startled deer leaped off to the side, then turned to look at the cat. Suddenly, the deer charged at the cat, which immediately took of at a dead run and went up a nearby tree.

VIP Member
    Sucks for that dog.
    Hard to say what I'd have done, especially as it all went down relatively quick

If you spend your day doing nothing, how do you know when you're done?
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Powerful video. That deer wasn't crazy...she was merely acting according to her God-given instincts. A reminder that wild animals are wild...and that there is a down side to domestication. Hope that that gentle, good-natured dog is okay.
    BTW, here in Jersey the suburbs are filled with deer, bear, geese, coyotes, turkey... all manner of wildlife. With no hunting pressure, they are here to stay.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links