Time to get back in shape! - Page 3

Time to get back in shape!

This is a discussion on Time to get back in shape! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; First congrats for going with the Coast Guard. Good luck with your new life style of fitness. Stick with it and it will pay off ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Time to get back in shape!

First congrats for going with the Coast Guard. Good luck with your new life style of fitness. Stick with it and it will pay off big time..
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Administrator
    Congrats on your decision. You have received plenty of good advice here already. Just stick with it and keep your goal in sight.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Thanks for the support!
    Semper Paratus

‎"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar

Thumbs up Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by Shackleton View Post
    Firstly, thanks again for the advice and the support, and as always I am following 99% of the advice given. It's been a week and a half since I started and have already lost 5lbs by drinking at least a gallon of water a day, mountain biking, walking, swimming, and elliptical, on top of my regular lifting regimen. (Low weight, high reps).

P90X...I've heard of that in passing. Is it a machine, or just a routine?

I'd bike to work, but seeing as I am a delivery driver, somehow I think that would be a bad idea!

I am swimming most days that I do not work, and am making an effort to wake up earlier so I can get some exercise in before work. I just wish my friend were more active, most of them are class A car/car model guys and gals and are pretty much busy with their projects 90% of the time.
    I have been in the Navy for over 15 yrs. now and anyone who serves in any branch is worthy of my respect as it is a life altering decision. For your first enlistment, make the best of it and learn as much as you can. Take advantage of every opportunity. The dividends will pay off in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Storm View Post
    I have been in the Navy for over 15 yrs. now and anyone who serves in any branch is worthy of my respect as it is a life altering decision. For your first enlistment, make the best of it and learn as much as you can. Take advantage of every opportunity. The dividends will pay off in the long run.
    Firstly, thank you for your service sir! Also, thank you for the kind words, I will be sure to take full advantage of everything that is offered and/or available to me!
    Semper Paratus

‎"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links