Another zombie thread

This is a discussion on Another zombie thread within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Rem.870 marlin 30-30 taurus 24/7 9mm. good machete. BTW, this past friday I was in Hot Springs and went into a Booksamillion while the women ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Another zombie thread

Rem.870
    marlin 30-30
    taurus 24/7 9mm.
    good machete.

BTW, this past friday I was in Hot Springs and went into a Booksamillion while the women were next door clothes shopping. I saw two "how to survive a zombie war" type books. One supposedly a "U.S. military survival guide" type book. Didn't buy one though.
    Also in the July/August American Handgunner, on page26, John Conner's GunCrank Diaries column, he discusses some new targets.
    Zombie Targets by Joe Quinlan.
    The only zombie movies I've seen were the "Resident Evil" series. I've never been into horror movies much. Life can be scary enough.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

2. Remove Ads

Mcmurry, you'd like Dawn of the Dead. Not really horror, just action. I don't like horror much either.

I'd take my XD9 always. 10+ mags and 1,000+rds of ammo.

If I was holed up, say defending a mall, I'd have my Marlin 60 .22 which is scoped, has a few thousand rounds and I'm decent with at 100yds.
    I'd also have my SKS. Better round for longer ranges, faster reloads than the Marlin, and I have a few grand for that, with 500 on stripper clips.

If I were mobile I'd have my Remington 870, which has 6+1 and a four round sidesaddle and I have a few hundred rounds of birdshot, buck and slugs, plus I reload.
    I'd also have my AK which I have a pile of 20, 30 and 40rd mags plus the few thousand rounds I have.

Note to self: Get machete :)
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Ok, for this kind of "End of the World," I would have to go with.....
    Mossberg 835, 3 1/2 mag (lots of ammo)
    WW II Springfield scoped sniper .30-06 with hi-cap. (lots of ammo)
    Ruger #1 375 H&H Mag. for when they line up 10 deep. (lots of ammo)

The Zombies haven't come yet and it's not the end of the world but it could sure make one think twice walking into our local WW.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

BTW, I forgot to mention that the meeting place is at my house. I don't think I would be able to fend off all the zombies AND all of the anti's coming up from the south, trying to get behind protection. I'm in North California. I will probably need backup ASAP and I may as well call for it now.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

There are a couple of forums dedicated to nothing but "Zombie Crazy Scenarios." It's still fun though. I much prefer the George Romero "Slow Zombie." I think thats the way it should be Now the 28 days later- Dawn of the Dead remake "Fast Zombies," we're much more screwed. Distance is more important there.

Our other forum was- eowawki. For that- more realistic realm, I think the shotgun is important. With pure zombie- I change my arsenal:

10/22 with mags and all the ammo I pick up. This is Zack weapon #1 plus small game acquisition.
    30/30 Marlin lever gun- deer & boar.
    Glock 19 for close encounters.

Dont forget the crow bar, machete or "Lobo" trenching tool (if you find one.)
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c
    Les Baer Thunder Ranch 5"

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    For me:
    AR-15: Lots of ammo (~2k rounds) and a platform with which I am intimately familiar.
    M-1 Carbine: Damn thing weighs nothing; perfect for long hauls or quick response. If I could only bring one, it would be this.
    Glock 23: shoots every time

Left behind:
    1911: heavier, smaller mag, and the wife will probably want it
    12 Gauge Winchester pump: too heavy (especially ammo), limited application
    12 Gauge double stockless: I'm not Mel Gibson
    20 Gauge single: great foraging gun, but too limited
    MAK-90: Tough call between that and the AR, but ammo and parts are less available.
    Revolver: too big, too slow
    Wife's AR-15: Not broken in, no rail covers (and I think she'll want it)
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

Me:
    Glock 23 (tons of .40 ammo)
    WASR 10
    Mossberg 500

Wife:
    .22 Rifle
    Walther P22
    Mosin Nagant 91/30 (she's really good with it!)

We make for the store, then a boat.

I think it was in The Sportsman Guide I saw a machete built like a sword, gives you slightly longer reach. Also, from a article long ago in a survivalist magazine, you might consider guns in popular calibers-like 12 guage, .45, .22, 9mm, so that if you have to do any scrounging for ammo, since these are some of the more popular calibers, it might be easier to find extra. Just a thought.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    AK47 and the 5000 rounds I have for it
    Pistol Grip Moss maybe 100 rounds for that
    Glock 20 When my order shows up I will have 500 rounds for that.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

I don't have nearly enough ammo for any of my guns, but in that situation cabelas is only about 2 miles away
    I would take
    DPMS AR15
    Savage 308 (who hasn't had a zombie sniping fantasy?)
    and Chuck Norris

ok ok my S&W Sigma .40 only because its the only other gun I own, for now.

AzB
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmurry View Post
    you might consider guns in popular calibers-like 12 guage, .45, .22, 9mm, so that if you have to do any scrounging for ammo, since these are some of the more popular calibers, it might be easier to find extra. Just a thought.
    This is a good argument for interchangeable barrels on an auto. You could get 9mm, 40 and .357 SIG on one gun with a simple barrel change, or a barrel and mag change.

With that pistol on one hip, and a .45 on the other, you're pretty well covered for handgun ammo. (Maybe a .357 snubbie as a bug)

If I could only have one long gun, 12 gauge pump would do it.
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

Here's my immediate anti-zombie loadout...

Steelcore/hollowpoint/softpoint repeating

Friends Don't Let Friends Buy Century!

VIP Member
    Lather, rinse, repeat?
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links