Anyone Else See A Double Dip Recession on the Horizon?

This is a discussion on Anyone Else See A Double Dip Recession on the Horizon? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Saddle up soldiers, we ain't seen nuttin' yet. This is a house of cards and it's not sustainable in any way, shape or form. You ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone Else See A Double Dip Recession on the Horizon?

Saddle up soldiers, we ain't seen nuttin' yet. This is a house of cards and it's not sustainable in any way, shape or form.

You CAN however rest easier... Barney Frank and Chris Dodd just wrote you a nice finance reform bill.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Saddle up soldiers, we ain't seen nuttin' yet. This is a house of cards and it's not sustainable in any way, shape or form.
    I concur.

We we see now is but a tip of the iceberg.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Administrator
    Plus. Now we have the massive oil spill and all of its very likely negative ramifications that nobody has really factored in yet & that is going to take yet another sizable chunk right out of the U.S. economy.

And not forgetting the additional massive job loss of oil related employees due to the 6 month moratorium.

The list goes on.

Get rid of stocks...get into money markets and bonds...NOW!!!

For the next 6 - 12 months....
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Just to add our misery, the Bush tax cuts end the first of the year. Everyone who earns a check... well, your check will be smaller. If cap and trade were to pass, don't even bother goin' to work anymore because the bed of your F-150 won't haul enough money to buy a loaf of bread.

In the guberment sites right now is the oil industry. Don't like petroleum and it's bi products? Try livin' without it...

Let's see... tarp, health care, auto companies, banks, education, wall street, oil.... how about YOUR gun? This IS hope and change baby!

There are a lot of misleading numbers floating around that seem to make the economy look better than it really is. Banks hold a huge "shadow inventory" of houses that will eventually go into foreclosure and I think the backlog is something on the order of several years worth of housing supply. I am actually surprised that commercial real estate is not showing more of the effects of the economy. I read somewhere that the best indicator for current housing is the nightly hotel occupancy rate. I suspect a lot of malls are going to have retail space for lease after Christmas this year.

As far as the automobile industry goes, I feel that 2-3 years ago was the peak. In ten years times most cars will be made in China and India and most American auto workers will be customizing cheap nasty little foreign cars so that they will be safe for American roads.

The big thing that the Stimulus package did was allow State workers to stay employed and keep on collecting some of the most generous pension benefits available. Now that the stimulus money has put my grandchildren into debt, the States are going to have to make some hefty cost cutting. I see this as meaning less law enforcement and fewer emergency services. I fully expect a couple of municipal bankruptcies in the next eighteen months.

We had kept our health plan from last year but have been shocked at how much our deductibles and co-pays gone up (roughly tripled in cost). Health care providers are going to increase costs as much as they can, while providing as little service as possible. Once National health care kicks in, it will takes weeks to schedule a doctors' appointment. My primary care physician is already talking about exiting the health care field.

I actually disagree a bit with Expert in that I don't think there ever really was a recovery, just a bunch of journalists trying to paint lipstick on a pig. Originally I had thought we would have seen the bottom of this mess this year, but right now my guess is that it may be sometime in 2011 or 2012 or even later.

The last time I was in Michigan, Troy Beaumont hospital had just shelled in their new building instead of completing it. When work resumes on that building, I would guess is when the suburbs North of Detroit are going to start recovering. I do not count the United States out, we survived Jimmy Carter. We are still the only country that has put Man on the moon. California's economy alone can match China's. I just think that like the Depression, it is going to take a long time to dig our way out of this mess.

It's gone...everything that was gained by winning WWII and securing our nation's future through non-partisan education, hard work, and the belief that the next generation will have a better standard of living, all gone.

Multiple decades of stupidity and greed will end it much earlier than I ever thought possible, how sad.

How anyone can logically think that the debt we are incurring is somehow good is beyond me, & how the government meddling in everything, from the bedroom, to the bathroom to the boardroom is going to solve all of our problems in stupid.

BTW... I hope I'm wrong!!! We do have a lot going for us, too....but when a country like Germany is giving us a lecture on debt things are really topsy-turvy.

I have zero confidence that anyone in DC give a crap or can solve the issues of our debt and economy at anytime in the near future.
    Last edited by soonershoote; June 27th, 2010 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Add
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

Administrator
    After the temporary IMF bail-out of Greece runs dry the Euro will almost instantly be in much deeper doodoo.
    In a way that will strengthen the dollar a bit when the slow learner folks panic and yank AKA mass-exit out of the Euro but, that won't matter much by then if we continue this ongoing lethargic stagnation.
    And if we don't somehow roll back The Health Care Plan...2014 should get REAL interesting.
    Try to stay healthy folks.

[QUOTE=QKShooter;1677973
    And if we don't somehow roll back The Health Care Plan...2014 should get REAL interesting.
    Try to stay healthy folks. [/QUOTE]

Uhhh,.... nothing is going to get "rolled back" if history is any indicator, they tried to overturn social security and welfare... and they were NOT successful. Take a look at where those guberment programs are today. It's not like overturning the ban on assault rifles. This is a HUGE national legislation that is NEVER going to go away. The peeps wanted "hope and change".... they got it. Now, bend over.

a few 100 years from now, people will read about America in history books. It will be a story titled....America and the government that gave her to the enemy.
    If I gave a crap about what you think about my guns.....it was early this morning and I already flushed it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links