My mother is gone but at times I still think I can call her.

This is a discussion on My mother is gone but at times I still think I can call her. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My mother passed way January 18th last year and I know she is gone but at times I still say I'm going to call her ...

Thread: My mother is gone but at times I still think I can call her.

My mother is gone but at times I still think I can call her.

My mother passed way January 18th last year and I know she is gone but at times I still say I'm going to call her to tell her this or that.

I just had it happen tonight. I was walking outside and thinking about something and said, I'll call mom and then it hit me I can't.

I'm sure it will happen again but it is amazing how I can forget she is gone and think I can call her and then the brain kicks in and tells me, nope you cannot.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    She is not gone. It's just really really long distance. Our mothers are with us always. Everyday is mother's day to me.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Both of my parents passed in 2002 and I still miss them from time to time. My brother got their home and instead of referring to it as his home I still call it their home. You don't walk that road alone, many of us have and many more will. Cherish the memories. They live through those memories.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Lost my Mom 2 years ago and my Dad when I was 18. I feel ya.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

I understand what you are saying...clearly!

Lost my dad in '95, and my mom in '04...we all experience both ends of that continuum...it's a tough one for those on THIS side.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

My brother is gone over 6 years, and I can't bear to delete him from my phone's contacts.

There is no wrong way to remember someone you loved.
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

Sorry for your loss.
    Last edited by 1911PKR; June 28th, 2010 at 09:26 AM.

I had a good friend and co worker that passed away at a very young age. Being the Network administrator including the PBX switch, I retired her ext number and saved her voice mail. I know that her mom calls to hear her voice, but there are times I find myself calling her number and leaving her a voicemail message. I makes me feel good regardless.

Just know you can always call her... she is always listening; the link is the love you share with her.
    Last edited by SenileDavid; June 28th, 2010 at 10:11 AM.
    "Someday someone may kill you with your own gun but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty."

"Leave the gun, take the cannoli."

They are always with you!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

My mom passed 2 years ago in January. I am 48 yrs old and I miss her everyday. While it has gotten a little easier there isn't a week that goes by that I wish I could call her to ask her advice and something.

I too still have her number in my cellphone and can't delete.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    It's only natural to miss those that were close to us. However it seems you might be having a problem accepting the reality and finality of her death. This does vary from person to person and also depends on the deceased involved.
    My mother passed away when she was a mere 52 and it was very painful and tragic. On the other hand my father died at 83 after having led a full and rewarding life. This seemed more of a relief to know he was no longer suffering the ravages of age.
    Some counseling may be in order if only to determine that nothing is wrong.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

AzB
    Quote Originally Posted by SenileDavid View Post
    I had a good friend and co worker that passed away at a very young age. Being the Network administrator including the PBX switch, I retired her ext number and saved her voice mail. I know that her mom calls to hear her voice, but there are times I find myself calling her number and leaving her a voicemail message. I makes me feel good regardless.

Just know you can always call her... she is always listening; the link is the love you share with her.
    That's awesome. She was very lucky to have a friend like you.

So sorry for your loss.
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoWeBePart1 View Post
    My mother passed way January 18th last year and I know she is gone but at times I still say I'm going to call her to tell her this or that.

I just had it happen tonight. I was walking outside and thinking about something and said, I'll call mom and then it hit me I can't.

I'm sure it will happen again but it is amazing how I can forget she is gone and think I can call her and then the brain kicks in and tells me, nope you cannot.
    My wife lost her mother last October and this happens to her every so often. The biggest comfort we have is that our son was born in April. I tell my wife that he's got one he!! of a guardian angel up there. The worst part was that we found out m wife was pregnant the Monday before her mom died and she was comotose, so we don't know if she knew or not (but I think she did).

We found out the Saturday before she died (which happened on a Thursday) that she wasn't going to make it. The next Monday I went to work but basically hid in the use test lab all day.

Quote Originally Posted by ICTsnub View Post
    My brother is gone over 6 years, and I can't bear to delete him from my phone's contacts.

There is no wrong way to remember someone you loved.
    We're wired the same way my friend. I lost my brother in '07 to an accident when he was 36 years old and I still have his emails. And also, like the OP, when a funny show or significant "whatever" comes up, he's always one of the first people that I want to call. The reality of the whole thing about not ever being able to talk to him again seems to hit me the hardest when I'm either trying to fall asleep or when I wake up, when the dream state vs. reality are tugging at eachother. I'll miss him until the day I'm gone.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    You had a special bond, It is ok to feel that way about someone who really cared for You and You them.

Links