HDMI Cables

This is a discussion on HDMI Cables within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just purchased a new Blu-ray player. I need an HDMI cable to hook it up to my months old 42" HDTV. I have been ...

Thread: HDMI Cables

HDMI Cables

I just purchased a new Blu-ray player. I need an HDMI cable to hook it up to my months old 42" HDTV. I have been perusing HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!.

I simply dont know which cord I need to hook this bad boy up. Can any of you techies help me out?
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

2. Remove Ads

All my HDMI components use these. If you need longer you can find a 2 meter as well.

The below cables are cheap and work very well and I'm a huge geek.

Amazon.com: Cables To Go - Velocity HDMI Digital Video Cable (Blue): Electronics

I just bought a Samsung 1080p upconverting DVD player to connect to my Samsung HDTV. I purchased a Monster HDMI cable to connect it and it works great. Price for the HDMI(5ft.) cable was $39 @ Wal-Mart.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigpoppa48 View Post
    I just bought a Samsung 1080p upconverting DVD player to connect to my Samsung HDTV. I purchased a Monster HDMI cable to connect it and it works great. Price for the HDMI(5ft.) cable was $39 @ Wal-Mart.
    And you got robbed. You just don't know it.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoWeBePart1 View Post
    And you got robbed. You just don't know it.
    Thats why I didnt buy at Wally...go to the above website I listed and compare prices....you could have bought youurs and three or four spares for what you paid.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

HDMI is HDMI. It doesn't matter what you pay for a cable, they are all the same. Its digital so you do not lose quality in the cable, unless you have excessive lengths. And if you pay more that 10$ for one, you got taken to the cleaners. www.monoprice.com

DO NOT BUY HDMI at Best Buy...Wally World...or any local store...

As several folks have said...you will get ripped...

There are a number of very good on-line sources...some have already been given...a quick Google search will find you others...

I paid $11 (with shipping) for a long one for my system...would have been almost $40 at Best Buy...

Buyer Beware...
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Links