Ok - explain this...

This is a discussion on Ok - explain this... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by atctimmy It's easy to sell a lawn mower. To sell a gun to a pawn shop you will need to fill out ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ok - explain this...

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    It's easy to sell a lawn mower. To sell a gun to a pawn shop you will need to fill out paperwork.

I was about to say that and you beat me to the punch.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    I know a homeless person who I give cans to. He would not harm a flee and would be afraid of guns. He told me he had 12 barbecue grills. I said, why do you need 12 barbecue grills? He said, I don't. People leave their garage doors open so they are there for the taking. He was not joking either.
    If he has the testicular fortitude to walk in an unlocked/unclosed garage and steal something (i.e. grills), then I would not put it past him to do something more violent. He is surviving on the streets because of his skill and cunning. Do NOT think he wouldn't harm a flea, it could be your last mistake. JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

They must have been Liberal crooks...imagine that?!
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

quick and simple lawn mowers are simpler to pawn, harder to trace and hence prosecute the thief.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post
    If he has the testicular fortitude to walk in an unlocked/unclosed garage and steal something (i.e. grills), then I would not put it past him to do something more violent. He is surviving on the streets because of his skill and cunning. Do NOT think he wouldn't harm a flea, it could be your last mistake. JMO
    Sarge,
    You are right about that. My neighborhood organization is well aware of him too. He falls off the wagon and gets a little squirrelly sometimes so I have had to tell him to stay away and not to ring my door bell anymore. I have also told him what would happen if I catch him inside my 6' fenced yard. I don't make it as easy for him to get my cans anymore either. We were told that he was banned from the recycling center for bringing them copper guttering. Theft of copper, aluminum and even entire air conditioning units around here is a big problem. The recycling centers are supposed to report people who bring them large quantities of questionable metal.

As much as I want to help someone who is down and out, the neighborhood organization, that I am a member of, has had to discourage him from coming around here anymore.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links