For once Hollywood may get it right.

This is a discussion on For once Hollywood may get it right. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This would be very good casting in my opinion and great to watch as a fan of the Batman series. Robin Williams as the Riddler ...

Thread: For once Hollywood may get it right.

For once Hollywood may get it right.

This would be very good casting in my opinion and great to watch as a fan of the Batman series. Robin Williams as the Riddler seems to be a natural fit.

National Ledger - Robin Williams and 'Batman' Role?
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

2. Remove Ads

I'd like to see that! I've liked Robin Williams since Mork & Mindy!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    I'd like to see that! I've liked Robin Williams since Mork & Mindy!
    Wow...throwback memories there...
    "nanu nanu"
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Hey, this is not a test - this is rock-n-roll! Time to rock it from the Delta to the DMZ!
    Friends Don't Let Friends Buy Century!

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    Wow...throwback memories there...
    "nanu nanu"
    No kidding. That was back in the day. He'd be an interesting Riddler. It was Jim Carrey that played it before yes?

Jim Carrey has a bit more of the madman vibe about him. You know who I think would make a good Riddler?

Steve Buscemi
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    No kidding. That was back in the day. He'd be an interesting Riddler. It was Jim Carrey that played it before yes?

Jim Carrey has a bit more of the madman vibe about him. You know who I think would make a good Riddler?

Steve Buscemi
    Steve Buscemi is one of the most underrated actors out there. He is great in no matter what roll. From Armageddon to Con-Air.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HKinNY View Post
    Steve Buscemi is one of the most underrated actors out there. He is great in no matter what roll. From Armageddon to Con-Air.
    Yes, two films that really allowed him to flex his acting chops...

He IS a great actor, but those movies were popcorn fluff and unworthy of his talents. Reservoir Dogs, Fargo, Ghost World...heck, Donny in The Big Lebowski is an iconic character because of his portrayal, and he probably had 15 lines in the whole movie! I'm trying to figure out how to get HBO down here just so I can watch him in Boardwalk Empire!

I think Buscemi would be better as the Joker if they intend on keeping the dark, "serious" tone of the new Batman films. I am a big fan of (old) Robin Williams, however, and think he can pull it off as long as he stays firmly in One Hour Photo territory and FAR away from Death to Smoochy territory...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

IDK Robin Williams has some pretty deep acting skills, he would have more of the super genius mad man thing than the silly campy madman thing Carrey did. He has been downright creepy in some of the movie she has been in like Insomnia, One Hour Photo, and his stint on Law and Order:SVU. Plus his comedy is hilarious.

Buscemi is a great actor, loved him in Fargo , and all of the Tarantino, and Rodriguez movies. I still think Williams would be a better Riddler.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Links