Holy Crap!

This is a discussion on Holy Crap! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Am I fat! I went for a bike ride today and, MAN was it hard to lug my lardish self around. I need to drop ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holy Crap!

VIP Member

Holy Crap!

Am I fat! I went for a bike ride today and, MAN was it hard to lug my lardish self around. I need to drop a few pounds, but more than that I need to get my cardio back to where it should be. OK really, I'm not that fat, but I could stand to lose about 25lbs and get my heart rate up a little more often.

Any other slackers out there ready to turn over a new leaf?
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

2. Remove Ads

I could stand to lose 10#...5 times...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I was told that I finally made it, I now have Diabetes. I was told to lose weight and exercise! Well, I thought about it and I'm doing my best to lose weight, once I get it down far enough I'll throw in the exercise! No sense overworking myself and doing all that exercise while I'm still heavy! Works for me!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I seem to keep gaining and losing about 25-30 pounds, this time around I have been seeing a personal trainer once a week. It seems to help, plus I have to do squadron pt twice a week, which isn't hard at all but its better than nothing.

I'm there with ya man. I used to work construction, but now I pilot a desk. I too am pretty shocked at the lack of cardio fitness I have. BUT, that is changing. I have lost 20-21 lbs and I am walking a bunch. I park about 1/4 mile from work and I walk around the block daily at lunch. I am looking for a gym near home too.

Sad to say, but I used to sell memberships to a health club and I used to train my new members.

But, here is the great part, every time you lift your head off of the pillow in the morning, you have a whole new day to create your future. Carpe Diem! The day is yours, never regret yesterday, life is in you today and you create you own tomorrow! The greatest joy there is in life is creating, splurge on it!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

I am not a "slacker" but still fight the battle. My enemy now is time. At 50 you really begin to see that you have to work three times as hard for a quarter of the benefit. I go to the gym at least 4 times a week and still have weight to lose. I also have a fused ankle and metal knee. But that is another story. It all makes it difficult to stay healthy.

Hell...who am I kidding! I just need to quit shoving so much food in my pie hole!!!
    Best Regards from Minnesota,

Rick

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Over the last year I've lost about 75 pounds. Now that my body is all confused I have also been dx'd with diabetes.

So yes, now I need to work even HARDER to stay ahead of it. I need to ratchet it up.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

man....riding a bike is alot harder now than it was when i was younger. when i was like 14-16 i could ride a bike for hours...but a couple of yrs ago when i was 21 i tried it as a cardio thing...man...i was done in like 15 mins. legs all sore barely got any where....

I'm an outside salesman but two years ago I started a work out program, the gym 3 times a week and mountain biking 1 or 2 times a week. Now I'm a fit 55 year old, 25 pounds lighter and can hold my own with the younger bikers. My knees are bad and I can't walk far but I'm good on a bike. Good luck to any of you who are making the effort.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    i'm back on a low carb diet to drop 15 pounds...shaved 5 pounds already and looking forward to the rest coming off...i had a bad year medically last year and it added some weight i wasnt comfortable with...its coming off..

for the record...the last time i went low carb i had "youre gonna die cholesterol" so i went to nothing but eggs cheese and meat...shed 20 pounds and my cholesterol went to perfect numbers...my dr couldnt even believe it...and i never felt better...

Fat *******: Yes
    Eat to much: Hell Yeah
    Exercise much: Very little
    Am I taking action: Not really
    Do I need to: Certainly
    Do I want to: Yes
    Can I eat better: Not likely (picky)
    Can I eat less: I'm gonna try
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Hey guys!!

In the last 6 months I found 25 pounds. I'd like to return it to one of you guys who lost it. Who wants it???

Luke
    "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
    John 3:16

NRA Life Member

I'm 6'1 and last Nov I weighed around 228 and now I'm down to 178. I lost most of my weight from changing what I eat and drink. Cut out the soda and stopped eating frozen dinners. I pay attention to my fat intake now and how much sodium I consume. I also stopped eating fast food. Even if I'm hungry and on the road I just wait till I get home.

Yes, the dollar menu will fill me up and do it quickly but my waistline also will pay for it. I play on getting down to 170 and then plan on bulking back up to 180 with nothing but pure muscle. So I have 8 more pounds to go and I can shed that with ease.

The biggest pay off is that my jeans now fit perfectly for IWB carry and the XL t-shirts are nice and long. My belly no longer makes them short. It is a nice feeling to look trim again.

I feel better, look better and don't plan on going back to fat. I've always been fit for most of my life. I just let myself go for about 3 years. I wish I never had.

P.S. My CFP says I weight 188 which I find funny. When I applied that is what I did weight. 178 is much better though.

Quote Originally Posted by Arko View Post
    Over the last year I've lost about 75 pounds. Now that my body is all confused I have also been dx'd with diabetes.

So yes, now I need to work even HARDER to stay ahead of it. I need to ratchet it up.
    With all you have been through bro it's a wonder 75 is all you lost.

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jbum View Post
    With all you have been through bro it's a wonder 75 is all you lost.
    Ehh..I still like to eat when I'm stressed!
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links