Just Love It.

Just Love It.

This is a discussion on Just Love It. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Judge Lets Mexico Have Voice in Court Case Against U.S. Immigration Law Published July 01, 2010 | FoxNews.com Mexico gets to have a say in ...

Thread: Just Love It.

Just Love It.

Judge Lets Mexico Have Voice in Court Case Against U.S. Immigration Law

Published July 01, 2010

| FoxNews.com

Mexico gets to have a say in one of the lawsuits challenging Arizona's immigration enforcement law.

A federal judge on Thursday granted Mexico's request to be allowed to file a legal brief supporting the challenge. That means the judge will consider the brief Mexico submitted previously.

Mexico says it wants to defend its citizens' rights and that the law would lead to racial profiling and hinder trade and tourism. It also says the law would hinder work against drug trafficking and related violence.

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer, who signed the law on April 23 and changes to it on April 30, has lawyers defending it in court.

In a statement issued late Tuesday, Brewer said she was "very disappointed" to learn of Mexico's filing and reiterated that "Arizona's immigration enforcement laws are both reasonable and constitutional."

"I believe that Arizona will ultimately prevail and that our laws will be found constitutional," Brewer added.

Brewer and other supporters of the bill say the law is intended to pressure illegal immigrants to leave the United States. They contend it is a needed response to federal inaction over what they say is a porous border and social problems caused by illegal immigration. They also argue that it has protections against racial profiling.

The law's provisions include a requirement that police enforcing another law ask people about their immigration status if there's a "reasonable suspicion" they're in the country illegally.

The law takes effect July 29 unless blocked by a court.

Until recently, Mexican law made illegal immigration a criminal offense -- anyone arrested for the violation could be fined, imprisoned for up to two years and deported. Mexican lawmakers changed that in 2008 to make illegal immigration a civil violation like it is in the United States, but their law still reads an awful lot like Arizona's.

Arizona's policy, which President Felipe Calderon derided during a recent U.S. trip as "discriminatory," states police can't randomly stop people and demand papers, and the law prohibits racial profiling.

Mexican law, however, requires law enforcement officials "to demand that foreigners prove their legal presence in the country before attending to any issues."

Amnesty International recently issued a report claiming illegal immigrants in Mexico -- typically from Central America -- face abuse, rape and kidnappings, and that Mexican police do little to stop it. When illegal immigration was a criminal offense in Mexico, officials were known to seek bribes from suspects to keep them out of jail.

But Mexico said it has a legitimate interest in defending its citizens' rights and that Arizona's law would lead to racial profiling, hinder trade and tourism, and strain the countries' work on combating drug trafficking and related violence.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Why would a judge let a foreign government speak in a case question whether or not something is constitutional? This is so ridiculous. Mexico is the most hypocritical country I have ever seen and they need to stay out of our business and work on fixing their disaster of a country.
    Once again this law does not target mexicans! This law, and others like it target illegals no matter what race, color, or ethnicity. I'm so sick of everyone crying racism over everything. When will people understand that illegal immigrant is not a race, its a crime?

I'll never understand how so many people want to do their best to destroy the greatest country in the world.

Oh I SOOOOOOO can't express my true feelings on this. Bumper would ban people I don't even know. This disgusts me. I am literally sickened that this piece of filth judge would allow this horrible hypocritical nation speak on anyone's behalf. Terrible, terrible terrible. This is a truly sad day for our country.
    Mexico is a broke abusive corrupt country and they have no right to speak out on anything regarding human rights. This is like China trying to lecture us on dealing with people who speak against the government, tho' recently, I am thinking that they are.
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Why are we even allowing Mexico to go to court over this? We are the United States of America, not the Unites States of Mexico; we make and enforce our own laws. I've heard what happens to illegal immigrant in Mexico and it's not very nice. Not very nice at all.

They need to shut the heck up and start fixing their own problems. If they'd look at their own country and fix their problems, they might not have to worry so much about their citizens emigrating to the US in the first place.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Don't even get me started.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

It just never stops! Someone please make it go away!
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

We'd best fix this problem before it gets any worse! Our Country will fall apart if we keep going the way we are, we just can't afford to offer a free ride to millions and millions of people who do nothing but try to change our Country into their old country.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I was lost when I read that Mexicans have "citizen's rights" in the USA. What piece of federal or state law grants "Mexican citizens rights?"
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    I was lost when I read that Mexicans have "citizen's rights" in the USA. What piece of federal or state law grants "Mexican citizens rights?"
    Yes, what about American citizens rights?
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Links