117 today

117 today

This is a discussion on 117 today within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is when I dislike Arizona....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 117 today

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar

117 today

This is when I dislike Arizona.

VIP Member
    Yeah, but it's a dry heat,

Try this...............

Victoria Weather Forecast and Conditions Canada
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

That's terrible, I'd have to mount an A/C unit in the floor so I could pass out on it!
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Only 75 at the moment in Maine. I should go for a bicycle ride later and enjoy the evening.

Ouch. It's like 85 and cloudy here. OK has had a very mild summer so far, and after a winter that seemed to last forever.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post

Try this...............

Victoria Weather Forecast and Conditions Canada
    That was just mean!!!

VIP Member
    A buddy of mine is running in this next week: AdventureCORPS Presents the Badwater Ultramarathon Official Website

One hundred and thirty five miles, run in what might be 130 degree heat. Yes, he's insane.

Having spent some considerable time in temps of 120 and above, I feel your pain. Meanwhile, in Bogota today it's 63 and mostly sunny. Tomorrow, it will be 63 and partly cloudy. Next week, it will be 63 and partly sunny. Next month, it will be 63 and....
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

It's not even 65F here, in Portland (as of noon).

117 degrees is rough. That's the hottest I have ever experienced. Nicely, I was just passing through. Can't imagine living in such a place, just because of the temps. When bubbling on the setting for "London Broil" the beauty of a place wouldn't be enough, for me.

Think "cool."
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I'm gonna have to start inventing my backpack AC unit,a self contained unit that blasts a cool curtain of air around an individual during times when they have to go outside when the asphalt starts bubbling like a prehistoric tar pit
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    we get pretty consistant "feels like" 105-110 degree days here because of the humidity and the intensity of the sun on those days can be rugged...i cant imagine the kind of heat you guys get...thats like walking under a broiling element...damn...

VIP Member
    Rocky,

Everybody has bad weather. Didn't you know that? For you desert dwellers it's heat. For us Mid-Westerns it's -20 degrees with a wind chill taking it down another 10 or 20 degrees. Brrrrrrr!

Quit your complaining, crack open a cold beverage, and go jump in a pool!

Hey! 117 degrees. So, can you really cook an egg on the roof of your car?
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    "Humidity". Thats our enemy. We see triple-digits quite frequently over the summer, and its like auto-sweat soon as you walk out the door. Ironically, I've never personally owned a vehicle with working A/C. I'm up in WVA for now, its about 70-ish going by how it feels,...PERFECT! We're leaving for home tomorrow afternoon. I'll definitely miss the summer climate up here when we get back.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Kustom View Post
    This is when I dislike Arizona.
    Tucson is not quite as hot, I work outside, an it is not unusual for me to work on a roof (HVAC) for the better part of the day.

I won't argue the point, that temps above 110 are not fun to work in, but it is better than 32 degrees; when I am miserable.
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

Distinguished Member
    Raining and 52. Perfect indoor range weather

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post

Wellll.... some of the time. Not so much at the moment.

The traditional definition of the AZ "monsoon" season is 3 consecutive days with a dew point of 55F or higher. As of today - perhaps even yesterday, depending on where you are in the Phx area, the season is upon us.

What it means is that for about the next 10 weeks we will get highly localized, intense cloudbursts lasting from maybe 2 to 20 minutes. With pretty flat terrain, no real storm sewer system and soil like concrete, streets can fill up wth runoff pretty quickly. Not a good time of year to pitch a tent in a wash out in the desert!

For a "newcomer" - only my 8th summer out here - 110 is hot, but 115 or over is just freakin' oppressive!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links