The Green Berets

This is a discussion on The Green Berets within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just watched the Movie (The Green Berets) again and it's just as hard each time. Struck me this time about the News Paper Reporter who ...

Thread: The Green Berets

The Green Berets

Just watched the Movie (The Green Berets) again and it's just as hard each time. Struck me this time about the News Paper Reporter who saw the light. Never caught his words until this time through. "My Newspaper doesn't believe we should be over here." Something similar anyway, but it hit me like never before and I found myself yelling at the TV, the wife thought I had lost it big time. I yelled that is not what a newspaper is all about bud. (You remember his line in the interview with the soldiers, "But it is their war!" The the soldier pulled all the communist manufactured weapons taken from the vc and used on the South and dumped them in front of him and said, "No sir it is not their war." Newspapers report the news, not promote a political agenda.

I know, that is fantasy though! Poor soldiers got to fight the enemy and the blooming keyboard of some folks who have no clue what Freedom is all about!

I have no doubt we still have some very old vets over there wondering when were going to come get them. Makes me so !

Free the oppressed, that's what they Did and still do! Thank you one and all! And now those who do this, are all volunteer. Awesome Men and Women our troops, huh folks?

Thinking out loud on the Key Board!
    Boze
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to, this is the last stand on earth." Ronald Reagan

"Gentlemen, Prepare to defend yourselves" SGM Basil Plumley

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by JBozeman View Post
    Poor soldiers got to fight the enemy and the blooming keyboard of some folks who have no clue what Freedom is all about!

I have no doubt we still have some very old vets over there wondering when were going to come get them. Makes me so

Free the oppressed, that's what they Did and still do! Thank you one and all! And now those who do this, are all volunteer. Awesome Men and Women our troops, huh folks?
    +1....May we NEVER forget our POW/MIA's...My heart hurts so terribly for those we left behind. I can only hope, if any are still alive, that they know there are those of us who pray for them each day and hope someday the truth comes out concerning their demise. And YES...our All Volunteer force is comprised on some truly awesome men and women. May they be kept safe wherever they may be.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

that they know there are those of us who pray for them each day and hope someday the truth comes out concerning their demise.

The sad part is that most of those mentioned in the phrase above are the men who served in this war, and the family members of those who did not make it home.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

The ending always got me when the orphan kid hamchuck is running from slick to slick calling out for Peterson the guy that started looking after him,
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Good movie. I hate it when Peterson gets killed.

I like the line during the camp overrun scene. "Your hit! Can you walk?" in reply.. "Get me on my feet and I can run!!"
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Links