Ammo Recall - humor

Ammo Recall - humor

This is a discussion on Ammo Recall - humor within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ...

Ammo Recall - humor

Last edited by tea; July 5th, 2010 at 02:32 AM. Reason: incorrect link
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM
    "If you seek peace prepare for war"

I dont know how I feel about that. While I find it a bit humorous, it looks as if it would be the antis view of us "blood thirsty gun nuts". Is there a link to it with comments? I would like to see what non gun enthusiasts have to say.

Welcome to the forum by the way and thank you for your service.
    Last edited by Bkrazy; July 5th, 2010 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Welcome to the forum
    Please take my posts with a grain of salt. I am frequently sleep deprived and always just on this side of "Krazy".

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle. Edmund Burke

ammo recall - humor

Quote Originally Posted by Bkrazy View Post
    I dont know how I feel about that. While I find it a bit humorous, it looks as if it would be the antis view of us "blood thirsty gun nuts". Is there a link to it with comments? I would like to see what non gun enthusiasts have to say.

Welcome to the forum by the way and thank you for your service.
    First off thank you for your appreciation of my military service and welcoming me to this forum. The video was sent to me via email by a Federal LEO, no link that I'm aware of. I realize that some anti-firearms people might think that type of humor may be offensive which is why I posted it here instead of My Space, Facebook, etc. I'm sure you've read posts in other forums where they are discussing wound cavities, knock down power of various ammo types and the how to's of self-defensive tactics. Could those posts also fuel the fire of the anti-gun folks? I posted the video as something humorous and hope no one finds it offensive.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Oh please dont get me wrong, I DID find it humorous and I think most around here would. I for one would like the military to move away from ball ammo so that I am more likely to kill the AQI or Muj when he is shot. Internally combusting rounds would be awesome, but the people would find it cruel. I enjoyed it, but was just thinking about the antis....
    Please take my posts with a grain of salt. I am frequently sleep deprived and always just on this side of "Krazy".

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle. Edmund Burke

My kind of humor, Thanks.
    Samwolf

"One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms."

-- Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bkrazy View Post
    ...Is there a link to it with comments? I would like to see what non gun enthusiasts have to say...
    It's a video from The Onion:
    Manufacturer Recalls Hollow Point Bullets That Fail To Explode Inside Targets | The Onion
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Thanks for the link. I am kinda slow sometimes... where can I find the comments?

At one time I really enjoyed the onion but IMO it has become to leftist in its joking around.

Locked out on a balcony of the Dark Tower...
    there another onion video that is about a video game called Point Blank I think and the whole game is about shooting your enemies right in the face from about 2 inches away or less.
    I love the onion.com and any satire like it. Its too good, something that rich just has to be fattening.
    All Day I Dream About Sigs

This was my first time hearing about Onion so I don't know their politics. Granted, the video is a big "edgy". This type of gallows humor is no doubt difficult for most anti-gun enthusiasts to understand.The majority of anti-gunner people I know are not veterans, have never owned a firearm or fired one or have never been in a situation where they've been confronted by some anus pore BG. This of course doesn't apply to all anti-firearms folks. This is a passionate subject on both sides.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Links