Cotton Mouth (Graphic) - Page 3

Cotton Mouth (Graphic)

This is a discussion on Cotton Mouth (Graphic) within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; many people dont go around killing rabbits just because one killed a bunch of people in a monty python movie....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cotton Mouth (Graphic)

Locked out on a balcony of the Dark Tower...
    many people dont go around killing rabbits just because one killed a bunch of people in a monty python movie.
    All Day I Dream About Sigs

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Didn't you know that if you're at least 3 feet away from any snake, you need to worry more about lightning striking you than snake bite? It's faster to step away from a snake than to draw a weapon and shoot it (and safer).

Now you need to worry about catching the plague from the rats that snake would have eaten had you not killed it.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

AzB
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Now you need to worry about catching the plague from the rats that snake would have eaten had you not killed it.
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by SenileDavid View Post
    That wasn't a poisonous snake:

Round eyes= Not poisonous
    Cat-like eyes= Bad, poisonous

Although I have a deep profound hate for all snakes.... I've still failed to see one to call out: "Here snakey snakey... let me check out your eyes before shooting you..."

For me:
    SNAKE=BANG

Good job!
    Yeah...if I'm that close to a snake to determine what kind of eyes it has, I'm too close.

I HATE SNAKES....

I HATE SNAKES as much as I HATE Daley and the Chicago political machine.

I stay away from snakes as much as I do Chicago.

A good snake is a dead snake....
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Senior Moderator
    Snakes are God's creatures and just like the rest of his creations, they do have a purpose.

I'll shoot one if it needs to be shot, but I don't go out of my way to do it.

I like the King Snakes, which I have several off around here. They eat Copperheads. I don't not like Copperheads lounging around the house. My son still has a 33" long skin that he killed with his BB gun in the carport, when he was around 7 years old. Had he stepped on it, it would have been very bad.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Years and years ago in a place called Arizona I happened to be standing under a bridge with a young lady and we were having a game of slap an tickle. As I was trying to find out where the out of bounds areas were in this particular game I heard a very loud rattle behind us.
    It was very dark but I knew exactly what it was and I knew it was close, so I whispered to her that we should stand there motionless until it went away. This information immediately caused her to start ******* down both legs but she did not move.
    Anyway, we could actually hear it moving away so in a few minutes we took off in the opposite direction. Since then I have hated all snakes for messing up a game of slap and tickle that I felt I was sure to win.

My bet is its a king snake. Now about eating these creatures, you can only eat poisonous snakes.Non poisonous snakes are not edible. My father was only scared of 3 kinds of snakes...dead ones, live ones, an sticks that look like snakes.

Quote Originally Posted by KWAG View Post
    Now about eating these creatures, you can only eat poisonous snakes.Non poisonous snakes are not edible.
    That is contrary to my understanding. Source?

Senior Moderator
    Without a doubt, some snakes taste better than others.

Rattlesnake is actually one of the best. While I would be harded pressed to eat a stinking cottonmouth, I would if I were starving.

People have been eating snakes since someone discovered that you could catch one.All kinds, not just the poison ones.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I agree re the snattlerakes, being one of the best. Sauteed in garlic and butteer, ahhhhh..... One of the few times that "tastes like chicken" is realtively accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Larry View Post
    Sorry to all the herpetologist out there, that I might have offended with the misidentification.
    Bet you didn't know what you were starting when you started this thread did you?

Like I said in an earlier reply, this one will not bite anybody to death nor scare anybody to death so that renders this one a "good snake"!

I really don't think you offended anybody, LOL! Some have even gotten Hungry.. Been a great thread my friend!
    Boze
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to, this is the last stand on earth." Ronald Reagan

"Gentlemen, Prepare to defend yourselves" SGM Basil Plumley

Shoot first, ask questions later.

[QUOTE=Guantes;1691315]
    Quote Originally Posted by KWAG View Post
    Now about eating these creatures, you can only eat poisonous snakes.Non poisonous snakes are not edible. /QUOTE]

That is contrary to my understanding. Source?
    Source....thats what I was taught growing up, an eat a few time.
    That being said, the "eat poison snakes only" my have been all directed toward the taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Another thing to look for in determining if a snake is venomous or not is besides the round pupils, and lack of "pits", locate the anus opening. Below the opening a venomous snake will have a single row of ventral scales, the same as above the opening. On a non-venomous snake, the scales turn into double rows, divided at the center. In the first picture, you can see the divided scale rows. This rule does not apply to Coral Snakes.
    MMMMMM......uh......You want me to do WHAT????....NO!
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevem174 View Post
    MMMMMM......uh......You want me to do WHAT????....NO!
    Yup, it's called the cloaca. It's a common urinary and fecal tract in birds, reptiles, and amphibians.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links