Cotton Mouth (Graphic) - Page 4

Cotton Mouth (Graphic)

This is a discussion on Cotton Mouth (Graphic) within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just for those who don't know it--Some non-poisonous snakes kill and eat poisioness snakes. A good book on herpetology will help you understand that not ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cotton Mouth (Graphic)

Just for those who don't know it--Some non-poisonous snakes kill and eat poisioness snakes. A good book on herpetology will help you understand that not all snakes need to be killed. Some are actually beneficial to the environment and some are beneficial to your safety.
    Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    I agree re the snattlerakes, being one of the best. Sauteed in garlic and butteer, ahhhhh..... One of the few times that "tastes like chicken" is realtively accurate.
    In my experience, gator also tastes pretty similar to chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Another thing to look for in determining if a snake is venomous or not is besides the round pupils, and lack of "pits", locate the anus opening.

This guy, he has jokes! If I can get away from a snake, great. If a snake is between me and where I need to go or if it looks at me funny, i don't care what kind it is, but I can tell you about how long it has to live. Under no circumstances am I going to grab a snake and begin to examine anything, much less examine its butt, or whatever passes for a butt on a snake.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Larry View Post
    <snip>
    However the snake did strike and its mouth was definitely white in color. I guess now I know thats not indicative of only a water moccasin. Nice to know, just a little too late for this guy.
    Sounds like a clear cut case of self defense to me. "I was in fear of imminent bodily harm."

I've jumped out of airplanes, rappelled out of helicopters, fought rip roaring house fires and now handle dangerous pathogens. Snakes, though, are my weak point. They are the one thing that will make me scream like a girl and do the 100 yard dash in about 3 seconds flat.

Triangle head is poisonous. On the other hand ... She who must be obeyed doesn't care about the science. A snake is a snake so I do what any smart henpecked wussy would do when we find a snake.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links