This is a discussion on If you won the lottery... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Brand new large motor home for the wife! Brand new Harley Davidson for me. Brand new Triton Bass Boat, give my old one to my ...
Brand new large motor home for the wife!
Brand new Harley Davidson for me.
Brand new Triton Bass Boat, give my old one to my sons.
Brand new house for the wife.
Travel the Country with the wife, fish with the boys, ride motorcycles with the boys. Live what I've got left.
You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku
I actually already have a plan in place, and have had the same plan in place for almost twenty years now:
1. 15% goes to my parents right off the top.
2. 10% each to my brother and sister.
3. 5% each to my 4 closest friends.
All of those get paid before I do anything else. So in this instance, using 2.5 million, that leaves me with $1,375,000 dollars left.
4. Modest house with 2-3 acres of land. (~$300,000 for this area)
5. 2 cars, 1 luxury, 1 sports (~$75,000)
6. Class III weapons collection (~$150,000)
This last one was added last year:
7. Full custody of my kid, and I don't care how much it costs.
"Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA
Enough land that I'll never have to see another ******* neighbor again.
Put a house and proper outbuildings on it, LOTS of fencing...and animals to go on it.
I'm quite happy with my truck, so I'll skip forward to the paying off the CC bills and student loans thing.
Heck I'd probably finish college!! One of the big reasons that I quit was because I refused to take out another student loan.
id like to have a nice indoor range in a nice out of the way house.
All Day I Dream About Sigs
Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SV
6.5L V-12 Mid Engine. 670HP @ 8,000RPM
Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S
1. Pay off the house.
2. Buy a 1911.
3. Get that summer home in Montana.
4. Rent a villa in Italy for a couple of weeks.
5. Set some away for the kids.
6. Tell the mother-in-law she ain't getting a dime. Nah, she's not even gonna know.
Retired USAF E-8. Official forum curmudgeon.
Lighten up and enjoy life because:
Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth
Pay off my home, buy a new car. I have most of the guns I need, but there are 3-4 I still would like. I'd stock up on ammo, have plenty, but you can't have too much.
"First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
Edge of Darkness
1. Pay off House
2. pay off debts
3. Give parents some $$$
4. Get better house
5. Put some away in high interest savings
6. Buy a P220, P229, G21SF, G30SF, G23, S&W 340, Mossberg 590, AR-15, M1-A1, Nighthawk custom, PM9, P45....
1. Pay off our debt and house.
2. Buy my wife the new car she wants and deserves. I'm happy with my 97 Chevy 4x4.
3. Give around $50,000 to immediate family members. Mom, brother, Mother-in-law, sister-in-law.
4. Buy some land to hunt on for now and retire on later.
5. Take our first family vacation together and try and sneak away with my wife for that Honeymoon we never took.
6. Get a Financial Advisor do some investing and put as much as possible away, allowing my son and baby on the way to go to college and get a jump on their lives.
I'd invest it in gold and lead.
I've already had a pre-plan for if I ever won the lotto.
1. Instantly give half to Shriner's Hospital.
2. I'll figure out something to do with the rest.
Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME
Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.
Pay off debts ( not mutch)
Pay for sisters nursing school.
From there I think the rest would be invested until my cousin goes to college.
If only Utah had a lottery!
I could do a lot with $2.5M...