If you won the lottery...

This is a discussion on If you won the lottery... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Go out and buy the most expensive, most impractical, highest and sexiest pair of heels I could find and a dress just as provocative to ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you won the lottery...

Senior Moderator
    Go out and buy the most expensive, most impractical, highest and sexiest pair of heels I could find and a dress just as provocative to go with. Jewelry to put the whole thing together and a suit for JD.

Then I'd book us a flight (with a stop off at my parents to drop off the kiddo) and tickets to an opera somewhere far away where dress actually means something.

A honeymoon suite, room service and at least one whole no-limit weekend of spoiling my marriage and my husband.

In order to do that I would probably also have to correspond this trip with some other shooting course or class but that would be okay too (as long as the instructor wouldn't mind us making out when not on the firing line and/or flirting with each other on occasion).

Yep... that's what I'd do.

2. Remove Ads

Pay off some dept, and give the rest away.
    "When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the
    scabbard." -General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

A Brand New Cessna 172, Glass Panel

(After I take care of friends and family).
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

I damn sure would NOT set my alarm to get up in the morning and go to work!!!!!
    Steven
    The "news media" has ceased being the watch dog of the people and has become the apologist for an irresponsible government.

- 10% off the top for God's work. Not necessarily to a church.

- Pay off all the debts.

- Establish a trust for the sons.

- Find that ideal getaway home where I can stand naked on my front porch, take a leak and shoot my guns and not have anyone complain.

- Live simply, quietly and anonymously.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

After taking care of parents & family, a hefty donation to "wounded warriors" and a couple other worthy and select charities I would work at getting squared away for retirement.

1) Build my custom, high security, low maintenance, fireproof, tornado proof, energy efficient home on about 25 - 30 acres of wooded land that butts up against a National Forest.
    Terra-Dome Earth Sheltered Buildings

2) Get an Earth Roamer!
    EarthRoamer Home Page

3) Set aside a substantial cash reserve.

4) Put remainder of money to work earning more with careful planned and diversified investments.

5) Travel the USA!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Don't have much debt, but it all gets paid off.
    Help out some family members.
    Buy that land out in the country, big enough for my personal rifle/pistol range. Build a very, very solid, energy efficient house on it. Not too big, the garage/shop would be at least as big as the house, and also very, very, very solidly built.
    Stock up on everything, and have a big "root cellar" to put it all in.
    How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy & productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised and taken care of.
    Suzanna Hupp

Booze and broads. Spend it all in 4 months with my newest and closest best friends!

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    2) Get an Earth Roamer!
    EarthRoamer Home Page
    WOW... I'm adding one of those to my list... sorry, Bark'n... one question though... how do they not spill the wine?
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

I'd get a bunch of land capable of setting up my 1000 yd shooting range without disturbing a neighbor. Then I'd build my dream house which would include a vault room under the master BR for my new, rather extensive gun collection and ammo supply :)
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

hmmm.....

Parents get a new home and car.
    All my bills get paid
    New house with industrial kitchen attached ( im a chef )
    New suzuki gsxr 750
    I'd like to get a 1st year box hummer
    Jet ski (s)
    Travel and eat at all the coolest restaurants in Europe
    Invest it?

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Pay off all bills, car, and house then put the rest up in a bank to make the money work for me
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

VIP Member
    I just heard on the radio today in the Metro Detroit area, of a little five year old girl, who has a brain disorder, that causes the individual to have seizures, mostly at night, and they often cause the person to stop breathing, hence they die. The mother said its so rare only around 500 people worldwide have it.
    She (the mother), was asking the radio station to advertise for her the fact they are having a garage sale to try to raise $13,000.00 for a special dog, that is trained to sense and alert when the child is having one of the seizures at night, (the mother currently sleeps with her daughter EVERY NIGHT), so she can revive her daughter, in the event she stops breathing.
    I would buy one of those dogs for them.

Then I would take care of my business.
    P.S.
    They say the children rarely make it past 10. I'm gettin' choked up again,, gotta go.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member
    Get an Earth Roamer too! I love that thing. Of course it would be equipped with a gun safe and other advanced weapons systems.

Then a couple of H&K's, a nice jewelry gun like one of those Kimber Ultra Carrys, and some super cool gun leather to carry it with.

Then I would go blow off a whole bunch of super hot ammo. The expensive kind. Just for target practice.

Travel around in the ER to all sorts of different firearm schools.

I think that's about as far as 2.5 would go these days.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    I'd invest it in gold and lead.
    That's a great start, but I'd go further (FL has a POWERBALL, are you listening Lord?) after giving a big chunk to our church I'd Get:

Sportsmobile Custom Camper Vans - Sportsmobile 4x4 Ultimate Adventure Vehicle and a trailer to go along: Expeditions West: Adventure Trailers: Chaser Off-Road, Expedition Tent Trailer

Buy some land in NC and build a place to retire with the wife near Asheville: PBS Performance Building Systems-earth sheltered-solar energy-underground homes-energy efficient-Earth Systems

Have some fun on the inside: HiddenPassageway.com - Hidden Secret Passages, Hidden Doors, Safe Rooms, Secret Vault Doors

Everybody needs a hobby especially one that can bring in some extra moola for FUN: Biodiesel Kits - Biodiesel Processors - Making Biodiesel

Plus a toy or two: WASP Injection Systems, Inc. - WASP Injection Knife

Vehicle upgrades: Armored Vehicles & Armored Cars

More toys with which to keep busy since idle hands are the Devil's workshop: EQUIPPED TO SURVIVE - Outdoors Gear, Survival Equipment Review & Survival Information

Always wanted a semiauto in .338 Lapua.... 338 Lapua Semi-Automatic www.vigilancerifles.com

Good weather in the mountains means good times on the twisty roads: 2010 New Bikes | Harley-Davidson USA

I'm gonna need a whole "secret room" for guns and a way to secure them: Fort Knox: Americas Best Made Gun Safes, Hand Gun Safes, Fireproof Home Safes, and Vault Doors

Devising a home security package starts but does not end here: Night Vision Cameras Security Cameras See in the dark Cameras Day Night Cameras

And that'll do as a START....
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links