Deadliest Warrior: Redneck or Swamp Hillbilly? - Page 2

Deadliest Warrior: Redneck or Swamp Hillbilly?

This is a discussion on Deadliest Warrior: Redneck or Swamp Hillbilly? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by OPFOR I second the notion that "swamp" and "hill" are two very different terrain features... :) That said, the Coonasses get my ...

View Poll Results: Victory: Redneck or Swamp Hillbilly?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Redneck

45 56.25%
  • Swamp Hillbilly

35 43.75%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Deadliest Warrior: Redneck or Swamp Hillbilly?

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    I second the notion that "swamp" and "hill" are two very different terrain features... :)

That said, the Coonasses get my vote for overall ornery-ness, and for having the most unintelligible accent this side of Boston.
    Yeah I know, like I said, I only quoted my boy's title and probably would have been better off changing what he said to something like Cajun Swamper, Swamp Rat, or something of the like that other's have brought to my attention. But I think the correct type of "warrior" (lol) we're after here, is no different than the ones that took on the National Guard in the swamp lands of the South in the movie Southern Comfort. The movie came out in the early '80's I think and if you've seen it, then you know what I mean. Those guys know how to open a can. Also OPFOR, the unintelligible accent can be used just as the Navajo Windtalkers code couldn't be broken in WWII.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

I do believe that the Redneck would find a way to put those Swamp Hillbillies on leashes and use them for something positive.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Yeah I know, like I said, I only quoted my boy's title and probably would have been better off changing what he said to something like Cajun Swamper, Swamp Rat, or something of the like that other's have brought to my attention. But I think the correct type of "warrior" (lol) we're after here, is no different than the ones that took on the National Guard in the swamp lands of the South in the movie Southern Comfort. The movie came out in the early '80's I think and if you've seen it, then you know what I mean. Those guys know how to open a can. Also OPFOR, the unintelligible accent can be used just as the Navajo Windtalkers code couldn't be broken in WWII.
    Yep, big fan of Southern Comfort (both kinds! ), and spent two years in west-central Louisianna. Not ENTIRELY cajun country, but pretty close - we'd go down to Lake Charles pretty often.

Plus, one of my team leaders was a straight-up coon ass from the bayou, and he was as tough as any of the Redneck Riviera types I grew up with, and then some. Also, he had one hell of a sense of humor, so if he couldn't whoop ya he'd get you to laughing so hard you whooped yourself...

As far as being a Code Talker - the only problem I see with that is that half of his kin couldn't understand him, either!
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I hail from the Piedmont region of the Appalachian Mountains here in West Virginia. I'm totally "Redneck" all the way.

The origins of the term redneck actually go back to the 1930's in a number of disputes in West Virginia. A large group of unionized miners marched south to Logan County, to pressure the mine owners there to allow their miners to become unionized. To identify themselves, the miners all wore red bandannas around their necks. The publicity associated with the battles and the subsequent court cases created the term red-necks, and at that time they were viewed as the good guys in the conflict.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    Well my extended family include Hillbillies, Rednecks, Swampers and River-rats.

From that perspective (assuming equal attitude/motivation), I say the terrain and technology would decide the issue.

I have only watched that show a couple time and in each case it looked loaded for one side.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

"What kinda women you been hanging round with?"

Couldn't resist.

hmmm i had another thought to add to that how about the hillbillys or rednecks vs. good ole CO, WY, MT etc. ranchers/cowboys

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro07 View Post
    hmmm i had another thought to add to that how about the hillbillys or rednecks vs. good ole CO, WY, MT etc. ranchers/cowboys
    Again, IMHO, terrain and technology would decide the issue in a real fight.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Just a thought, what would happen if a redneck and a hillbetty(female hillbilly, a term I just made up) got married?

Redneck is a term indicative of occupation. When the mule and hand plow were the only means available to the farmer, the strap from the mules halter were worn around the farmers neck & shoulder. The strap would rub the back of the farmer's neck red raw, hence the term "Red Neck".
    A "Swamp Hillbilly" would be more indicative of place. One who lives in or near a swampy area in hilly terrain. There is no indication of level of health, fitness or fighting abaility involved with the term.
    Since the shotgun, pitchfork, axe, and hammer are all involved in farming I would give an easy nod to the farming Redneck!

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    Here is the end game...

Redneck commonderes motorboat, attempting to exit the swamp, the hillbillie emerges from the water under a gator skin with bowie knife in the teeth and .357 firing last round, which wounds redneck, redneck turns, fires both barrels, hits hillbillie center mass, but hillbillie has already thrown bowie, and the bowie is lodged squarely between rednecks eyes. Redneck falls backwards out of the boat and both slowly sink into the murk below. (fade)

~fin~
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Remember alot of the Confederacy were Rednecks, Swamp hillbillies are dumber then a rock!

I am a Redneck, i have a Confederacy Flag neatly folded in my drawer!
    Bushmaster XM15 E2S Shorty
    Walther P99 .40 S&W
    Romanian WASR GP 10/63
    Remington model 700 30-06
    Savage Model 62 .22lr
    Glock 19 gen 3 TALO

Well, my family are originally Yanks, but I was born and raised in VA in a couple different areas.

I don't know which would win, I will say if it was on either of their home territory, they home team would win.
    Semper Paratus

‎"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links