POLL: Stephen Segal VS. Chuck Norris

This is a discussion on POLL: Stephen Segal VS. Chuck Norris within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; If chuck norris were female I would say Segal could whack her around good because that is his specialty , but seeing as he is ...

View Poll Results: Steve or Chuck?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stephen Segal

36 23.68%
  • Chuck Norris

116 76.32%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: POLL: Stephen Segal VS. Chuck Norris

If chuck norris were female I would say Segal could whack her around good because that is his specialty , but seeing as he is a male, segal doesnt have a chance.

2. Remove Ads

ooops i forgot to include someone else in the poll

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    Chuck or Steve would devour Van Doosh, remember, he has no actual fight training, he is a ballerina.
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Quote Originally Posted by CCWFlaRuger View Post
    Chuck or Steve would devour Van Doosh, remember, he has no actual fight training, he is a ballerina.
    From what I have heard, he does a good job of injuring his stunt people.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    From what I have heard, he does a good job of injuring his stunt people.
    I've heard that too, apparently, since he is not trained, he has no control with his hands/feet and is unable to "pull" a punch. Just hits em.
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Quote Originally Posted by CCWFlaRuger View Post

At the age of 12, Van Damme joined the Centre National De Karate (National Center of Karate) under the guidance of Claude Goetz in France. Van Damme trained for four years and he earned a spot in the Belgian Karate Team.[3]

Jean-Claude made his debut in 1976, at the age of 16.[14] Competing under his birth name of Jean Claude Van Varenberg, Jean-Claude was staggered by a round-house kick thrown by Toon Van Oostrum in Brussels, Belgium.[15] Van Damme was badly stunned, but came back to knockout Van Oostrum moments later.

In 1977, at the WAKO Open International in Belgium, Jean-Claude lost a decision to fellow team mate Patrick Teugels.[16] The experience left an impact on Claude Goetz and he felt that Jean-Claude needed more training before competing again.

After six months of intense training and sparring, Master Goetz decided to unleash his prized pupil on the European Full-Contact scene. Jean-Claude won his first tournament by scoring three knockout victories in one evening. However, in a 1978 match for the Belgium lightweight title, he again lost a decision to Patrick Teugels.[17][16] Once again, the loss left an impact on Claude Goetz and a few months later at Iseghem, Belgium, Van Damme came back and knocked out Emile Leibman in the first round. In 1979, Jean-Claude and the Belgium Team became European Team Champions.[18]

Well what era are we talking about?

Right now I think Chuck would kick Segal around......

However, if you put both in their primes, I'd have to give the edge to Segal......

Strictly based on size and martial arts style..... A big man who is a master of Aikido is almost impossible to beat. I've studied Aikido and Shotokan most of my life and Aikido is very hard to break down when the practitioner is strong, has a long reach, and is ice cool.

From an attacking standpoint, I'd much rather fight Norris, because at least he can be had through technique. Of course, Norris the man is another story because he's a tough and mean SOB, and he will beat you by pure will and determination.....but you'd get in your shots, you'd have some chances..

Attacking Segal, would be like attacking a pine tree..... a lot of effort would be wasted trying to get to the trunk and you'd be too tired to do anything once you get there. And in a blink you will be back outside fighting your way through the branches again......

Aikido is just such a hard style to break......their balance is superb and they waste almost no energy compared to other styles. But it is also really hard to master.... very few people on the planet are true masters of Aikido.....Segal is on a pretty high level......

Both are / were good but I based it off of them both being in their prime and art. I think Segal would come out on top.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

I stand corrected... Thank you DonGlock for opening my eyes. I spend too much time taking rumors to be truth. That being said, I no longer have any excuse for the level of unprofessional behavior from VanDamme with his stunt doubles, and I still believe that neither Segal, nor Norris would have much in the way of difficulty in thrashing him.

Well stated FatCat.
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Both being in their prime, I'd put my money on...

Who as a 7th dan black belt in Aikido (which takes a lot of time & effort to advance in) is no joke.
    Even as because of his film career and aging weight gain (show me a lean & trim 6'4" 58 yrs. old man) he's become just that to many, by assumption.

Steven Seagal Interview - AikiWeb Aikido Forums

YouTube - Steven Seagal Black Belt test (part1)
    YouTube - Steven Seagal Black Belt test (part 2)

YouTube - Steven Seagal on Merv Griffin

YouTube - Steven Seagal

YouTube - Steven Segal Kicking real life [Behind]! Aikido Martial Art

As to all three I'd rank them in a bar fight with no rules but to walk out under your own power as being Seagal > Norris > Van Damme....VD being a former european full contact karate champion and child prodigy who contrary to popular belief has had much in the way of real combat experience against well known to be very tough combatants.

Also unlike Norris or Van Damme, Seagal is a shooter who can actually shoot outside of being on a movie lot.

Bruce Lee and his student Bolo Yeung though would bloody any one them though in a fist fight.
    If the timing of the fight were today/modern with each fighter having 6 months to tune up and prep, I'd rank it Seagal > Van Damme > Norris.

Heresy I know, but it is what it is...Which is just conversation.

- Janq voted Seagal
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

^^yep.

they're both masters so it comes down to the superior art.

segal is an aikido master, and chuck norris is a tang soo doo master which he learned while stationed in korea in the war. norris was also trained by bruce lee in jeet kun doo. although segal is the only non-asian to have a teaching certificate, and a dojo, in japan, which is a great achievement and honor.

one is throwing powerful punches and kicks, while the other is intercepting them and redirecting the energy against the attacker.

based on this, i would put my money on segal. there is no more efficient martial art than Aikido, and many spend a lifetime trying to master it and never do. segal is a 7th Dan, of which there few in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by DIABLO9489 View Post
    For my answer go to Google.com, type in Where is Chuck Norris?, and click the I'm Feeling Lucky button....
    Now I am looking over my shoulder and wondering when.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Yep on all points Don.

As well Seagal did not make it to where he is by being popular or because it was easy.
    The Japanese in their martial art systems as run largely by old school men are not known for being forgiving of the weak. Never mind that Seagal is an American on top of that with no Japanese lineage what so ever.

Just because you get older and fatter doesn't reduce what you know in your brain, especially toward a style that is not emphatic on outright brute force strength as is karate.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

JD
    Administrator
    I am so putting Hard to Kill and Out For Justice in my Netflix queue.

dont forget Lone Wolf McQuade!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links