POLL: Stephen Segal VS. Chuck Norris

This is a discussion on POLL: Stephen Segal VS. Chuck Norris within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Chuck would totally own Steven. Actually, not even a single punch or kick would take place...Steven would not even show up....

View Poll Results: Steve or Chuck?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stephen Segal

36 23.68%
  • Chuck Norris

116 76.32%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: POLL: Stephen Segal VS. Chuck Norris

Chuck would totally own Steven. Actually, not even a single punch or kick would take place...Steven would not even show up.

2. Remove Ads

Segal is a joke...a legend in his own mind
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

I love Chuck...but even in Segal's chubby state he wrecks him in under 2 minutes!!!
    Best Regards from Minnesota,

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by rickmn50 View Post
    I love Chuck...but even in Segal's chubby state he wrecks him in under 2 minutes!!!
    Only if he happens to FALL on him!
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Thumbs down Nope....

Quote Originally Posted by Don Glock View Post
    you guys are nuts. out for justice is the bomb diggety

remember in the beginning when he threw the pimp through the car windshield, and his pimp shoes are sticking out?

The only great part of that movie was in the END when the puppy peed on the idiot who'd abused him to begin with, and after Seagal had laid him out. That move was too crass. Too bloody and lacking the class and fluidity of his other movies.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Okay, too many folks here are comparing the two of them as they stand TODAY. Now go back and pit them against each other when both are young and at the TOP of their martial arts. I still say Seagal wipes the floor with Chuck and God knows I LOVE Chuck.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Thumbs down Chucks Only ROTTEN Film....

Quote Originally Posted by babyhulk View Post
    Don't forget the classic INVASION USA!!!
    I feel about that movie exactly as I feel about OUT FOR JUSTICE. Too bloody and no class. Not to mention that the parts listed as Miami were actually TAMPA.

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    The only great part of that movie was in the END when the puppy peed on the idiot who'd abused him to begin with, and after Seagal had laid him out. That move was too crass. Too bloody and lacking the class and fluidity of his other movies.
    all the makings of an excellent action movie, my friend

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    Chucks Only ROTTEN Film....

dude, chuck's put out a few crappers:

who are the 21 dorks who voted for Segal? Chuck is coming for you

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Unless Seagal has a gun or weapon (he has the edge though in weapons training), I'd say Chuck Norris. Not only is he still in better shape, he also has competition experience and also knows submissions on the ground (he learned jujitsu from the Machado brothers).

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I'm a long time Chuck Norris fan, and I would never bet against him. I respect what Segal has accomplished in his art, but I don't particularly care for him. Picking his best movie to me is easy, as they are all the same. I believe that either could beat the "muscles from Brussels", or more accurately, "The Belgian Waffle".
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" J. Buffett

this seems to be a popularity, or personality contest. most folks like chuck's down home, stick up for the little guy persona. whereas many view segal as arrogant, or elitist.

i simply voted for segal because he's a master of a superior and more efficient art.

Chuck Norris was the world champion in full contact Karate comp. Seagal is an actor... Yeah he owned a dojo, but still, doing kata and practicing deflections is not really the same as stepping into a ring.

I studied Hakkoryo Jujutsu - which is similar to Aikido- for several years. I get it, I understand the difference between the two arts. No matter the art, you put a guy with a ton of real world fighting experince against a guy that just practices, and experience wins. IMO.

Chucks fight record from Wikipedia:
    1963: 15th Airforce Judo Tournament, Fairchild Airforce Base, Spokane, Washington, March 22–23, fought as Carlos Norris: Result unknown.
    1964: Defeated unknown opponent in Salt Lake City Tournament (debut).
    1964: Defeated unknown opponent in semi-finals in Salt Lake City Tournament.
    1964: Defeated by unknown opponent in finals in Salt Lake City Tournament.
    1964: Defeated Ron Marchini in the finals at the Takayuki Kubota's All-Stars Tournament in Los Angeles, California by half a point.
    1965: Defeated by Tony Tulleners at Takayuki Kubota's All-Stars Tournament in Los Angeles, California.
    1965: Defeated by Tony Tulleners
    1965: Defeated by Joe Lewis.
    1965: Defeated Ron Marchini for the Grand Championship of the Winter Nationals in San Jose, California.
    1966:Defeated by Tony Tulleners in finals for California State Karate Championship(Source: Black Belt Magazine, July 1966).
    1966: Defeated Skipper Mullins on July 31 in semi-finals at Long Beach Tournament promoted by Ed Parker (Source: Black Belt Magazine).
    1966: Defeated by Allen Steen on July 31 at the Long Beach Tournament promoted by Ed Parker.(Source: Black Belt Magazine).
    1966: Won the National Winter Karate Championships in San Jose, California promoted by Jim Mather.
    1966: Defeated Skipper Mullins.
    1966: Defeated Joe Lewis in finals of the Tournament of Champions in New York City.
    1966: Won the All-Star Championship Tournament in Los Angeles, California.
    1966: Defeated Skipper Mullins.
    1966: Defeated by John Camanse on October 22, 1966 in Washington, D.C. (Source: Black Belt Magazine, June 1967).
    1967: Defeated Leon Wallace, 42 years old by Judo Throw. (Source: Black Belt Magazine).
    1967: Defeated by Bob Erigle by decision. (Source: Black Belt Magazine).
    1967: Won American Tang Soo Do Championship in Stockton, California.
    1967: Defeated 11 opponents in elimination matches at the All-American Karate Championships in Madision Square Garden in New York City.
    1967: Defeated Hiroshi Nakamura (Japan) in semi-finals of the All-American Karate Championships in New York by points 12-1.
    1967: Defeated Joe Lewis for the Grand Championship at the All-American Karate Championships in New York.
    1967: Won the World Karate Middleweight Title in Long Beach, California
    1967: Defeated Skipper Mullins.
    1967: Defeated 11 opponents in elimination matches at the Grand Champion Internationals on August 12, 1967.
    1967: Defeated Carlos Bundo at the Grand Champion Internationals on August 12, 1967.
    1967: Defeated Joe Lewis by one point at the Grand Champion Internationals on August 12, 1967.
    1967: Won All American Karate Championships promoted by Henry Cho.
    1967: Won National Tang So Do Tournament in Silver Spring, Maryland.
    1967: Defeated Joe Lewis.
    1967: Defeated Arnold Urquidez.
    1967: Defeated Victor Moore.
    1967: Defeated Steve Sanders.
    1967: Won All American Karate Championships.
    1967: Defeated by Marcos Solar in October at Kini K. Wang Tournament. (Source: Black Belt Magazine).
    1968: Defeated Fred Wren in Dallas Tournament. (Norris' nose was broken)
    1968: Defeated Skipper Mullins in semi finals in Dallas Tournament.(Norris fought with a broken nose).
    1968: Defeated by Joe Lewis in finals of Dallas Tournament promoted by Allen Steen. (Norris fought with a broken nose).
    1968: Defeated by Jim Butin in the opening match of a tournament in Silver Springs, Maryland.
    1968: Defeated Hawk Frazier on March 30, 1968 at All American Tournament promoted by Henry Cho. (Source: Black Belt Magazine).
    1968: Defeated Carlos Farrell in finals at All American Tournament promoted by Henry Cho on March 30, 1968. (Source: Black Belt Magazine).
    1968: Defeated Edgar Bataad. (Source: Black Belt Magazine, October 1968).
    1968: Defeated Del Griffith. (Source: Black Belt Magazine, October 1968).
    1968: Defeated by Dave Krieger. (Source: Black Belt Magazine, October 1968).
    1968: Defeated Skipper Mullins in Long Beach, California.
    1968: Won the Internationals (Dallas, Texas).
    1968: Defeated Louis Delgado.
    1968: Defeated Steve Sanders on August 3, 1968. (Source: Black Belt Magazine).
    1968: Defeated by Louis Delgado in West Coast vs, East Coast.
    1968: Defeated Theodore Wong in Orient vs. U.S. in New York.
    1968: Defeated Louis Delgado on November 24 on points, 101 to 93, to win the World Professional Middleweight Title at the Waldorf Astoria in New York. (Norris suffered a broken jaw)
    1968: Draw with George Chalian, on Governor's Island, in New York.
    1968: Won All-American Karate Championships in New York defeating 13 opponents.
    1968: Won the National Tournament of Champions in Cleveland, Ohio.
    1969: Won The Internationals.
    1970: Won All Star Teams Championship in Long Beach, California.
    1970: Defeated Al Dacascos [31] on January 17 at the Long Beach Sports Arena for the U.S. Team Championship. Norris announced his retirement following the match.
    1972: Draw with Willie Adams-U.S. Teams Championship.
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links