Has anyone tried...???

This is a discussion on Has anyone tried...??? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; these fake cigarettes? You know the ones they call E cigarettes. It seems like a good idea and I smoke a pack a day. Does ...

Thread: Has anyone tried...???

Has anyone tried...???

these fake cigarettes? You know the ones they call E cigarettes. It seems like a good idea and I smoke a pack a day. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge? Did it work for you, feel really "real", or did it not work? Any help would be appreciated...as I am heading to go buy one in a couple of hours....
    Glock 19 Gen. 4
    Ranger T 127+P+
    Gold Dot 124+P

2. Remove Ads

i've heard of them but not about. keep us informed in how they work.
    good luck in your quest to quit.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

kpw
    A guy at work has been using them for a month or so. He says he's down to a pack a week right now. Too soon to tell but so far so good. It's kinda funny watching him "smoke" in the building.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

The only thing that worked for me was Chantix.. It was scary, after the first week, did'nt even want a cig. Been a year and a half now...Good luck, it's one of the hardest things you'll have to do.
    P.S. An incentive...at a pack a day, thats $1500 a year. That will buy a REAL nice firearm!
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    A friend of mine at work has not had an "Analog Cigarette" in 3 weeks since he got the E Cigarette... I've tried it, it reminds me of smoking a real cigarette... I quit 10 months ago and if I had had one of these, it would have been much easier... only thing is though, they still have the nicotene, so, it will be just as dificult to stop using the E Cigarettes as it would be to quit the real thing.
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

A buddy of mine started smoking them when it became illegal to smoke indoors in bars/clubs. He seems to like them. Didn't help him quit, just made it easier and sometimes a little cheaper to smoke.
    "Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense."
    Ron Paul.

All of that quit smoking stuff is just a money making scam. Gums, pills, patches, fake cigarettes. I smoked for 25 years. I quit 7 years ago cold turkey. No "withdrawal" or "cravings". One day 7 years ago I just got ticked off at the high cost of a pack of cigarettes and I just tossed my pack out the truck window. Haven't had a smoke since! Just a little "willpower" worked for me.
    "The Day We Lose The Second Amendment Will Be The Day We Start The Second Revolution"
    "I Didn't Vote For Him"!

Quote Originally Posted by BerettaMan View Post
    All of that quit smoking stuff is just a money making scam. Gums, pills, patches, fake cigarettes. I smoked for 25 years. I quit 7 years ago cold turkey. No "withdrawal" or "cravings". One day 7 years ago I just got ticked off at the high cost of a pack of cigarettes and I just tossed my pack out the truck window. Haven't had a smoke since! Just a little "willpower" worked for me.
    I quit about a week ago doing the same thing. I hope my willpower holds!
    To the OP, a couple friends tried them, but they were not serious about quitting so they are in the trash now. Good luck to you!
    Semper Paratus

‎"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

My neighbor uses one. The markup retail is unbelievable. I think he got his from a friend for $25. You need to put some special oil in it every so often. He blows smoke in my house but there is no odor. I'm not convinced, but I wouldn't pay $125 or so.

Links