Racism?

Racism?

This is a discussion on Racism? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Okay where I currently work at is a warehouse in Washington. I have worked their 5 years and have noticed lots of unusual things. But ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Racism?

Racism?

Okay where I currently work at is a warehouse in Washington. I have worked their 5 years and have noticed lots of unusual things. But one thing that always tends to really tick me off is that when we don't have any work to do, people start to talk to each other (which is fine in my book)
    But then management yells and yells at us to keep busy, but theres nothign at all what so ever to do.
    What the heck are we suppose to do?

But managment still feels it necessary to yell and shout to get to work, only so they can talk to other managemen types and be total hypocritical jerks. OH BUT they say nothign to the 60 Hispanic (illegal) employees. They can talk all they want, lie, cheat, steal their way thru work, but oh if any American or white person talks or does something wrong, we not only get no warnings, but we have the risk of being fired on the spot as well. But those Hispanic individuals can do anything the darn please, and get away with it. In fact, they almost encourage it seems. What makes these illegals so special, that we give them more rights than those people that have fought in wars, and are going to war???
    Is it just me, or is this a clear sign of racism?
    Do I have a case legally to take to court against my company, my fellow co-workers and my self have been suffering for quite some time, and I would love to be compensated for all mental anxiety, stress, mental fatigue, just punitivie damages have you from dealing with this on a daily basis.
    Last edited by fitznig; June 20th, 2006 at 04:44 AM.

Sorry Fitz but if you're a WASP, forget about rights, they don't exist, I proved this point in a College Psych class when discussing this issue. The administration wouldn't allow an organization that celebrated my heritage.
    It wasn't a discriminatory or anti-anything organization, just one to gather with others of the same background and orientation to support and mingle with those of like backgrounds. It wasn't even very serious, it was just put forward to prove a point.
    Needless to say, the point was made.

Try a call to INS, they'll pay a little visit.
    Last edited by ELCruisr; June 20th, 2006 at 08:02 AM.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by ELCruisr
    Try a call to INS, they'll pay a ittle visit.
    I think that would be the first step ..

Just becuse they are illegal

Its time to stir the pot.... with just more than one stir.

Once upon a time when I was in the NAVY, the USN conducted a survey to gather info on the number of minorities of what derivation there were in the Service. We received a form with most of the accepted minorities listed and, if you were a minority you should check which one you were. The last selection was "OTHER" and you should write in which minority group you belonged to. I checked "OTHER" and wrote in "IRISH CATHOLIC." In short order I was ordered to report to the C.O. who asked me to explain myself. My response was that there were a lot less Irish Catholics than several of the officially listed minorities. The "Old Man" responded with "Check Caucasian and quit being a wise A##! With a cheery Aye Aye i did as I was instructed. I still think though that there are a lot less Irish Catholics than African Americans or Hispanics, but we are not a minority.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Administrator

Question Some Advice

The best advice that I can give you is to place your personal self above the common fray.

The most important thing for you to worry about (in any work environment) is what you personally do and accomplish for yourself & not be too concerned with whatever petty things the others around you do...or don't do.

It sounds like your major beef is that due to the fact that you're white you can't screw off ~ without getting yelled at...and the illegals do get to screw off when there is nothing to do.

Even when there is "nothing to do" you're still on the company payroll so go find yourself something to do. It's that simple.

You're upset because (as a Legal American Worker) you don't have the same Equal Lazy Screw Off Rights that the immigrants have?

We're Legal Caucasian Americans & we get UNFAIRLY YELLED AT when we're not doing anything at work!!! We DEMAND the same rights not to work at work with the respect that we deserve.

Gee that's a great case to take to court & try to get resolved.

The answer would be just not to screw off & find yourself something constructive to do.
    Then before you know you'll be picked for Upper Management (and it will be Your Official Job to worry about what the others do) & then....you'll have the power to fire the lower management and the illegals both. Think for success & not for failure.

Just my suggestion.

I would have to second the motion by QKShooter !!
    One shot. One kill.

Primary Carry - Taurus PT-111 Mil Pro 9mm DAO with 12 + 1 in the pipe. Holstered in a Brigade OWB M2.

Secondary Weapon - Taurus PT1911 5" 45acp SA with 8+1. Holstered in a Kydex paddle.

I tend to disagree, at least about the management part.
    Yes do your job, but the American way in modern times is not to reward workers but to give them extra work to compensate for the slackers.
    As the saying goes: Bosses are like diapers, always on your a$$ and usually full of doody (to put it mildly).

I have to agree with QKShooter. I am a manager at a very large company and have about 100 employees reporting to me. It is the same old story of blaming management. The bottom line is that when you hired on you signed a contract that you would work for 8 hours a day and get paid for 8 hours of work per day. When you say there is nothing to do then the company needs to re-evaluate the amount of it's workforce. If there is time to lean there is time to clean. Or if under a union contract and you have people to clean, straighten your work area or spend time coming up with ways to remove non value adding work.

Make yourself useful and go home with a proud feeling that you made a difference that day. Never, Never complain that someone else is getting to screw off but you don't get to. Just listen to how that sounds......Be the example to other workers that are screwing off.
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

Rugerman Thats all fine and dandy but i will argue being the example of not screwing off just gets more work added to you to pick up for those screwing off..

I give my 8 hours everyday except when they tell me to go sit there no work .. my case is odd though i can only get van serviced so often and only clean it so much to where im not polishing bolts

Administrator
    Well, I know that if I were upper managment & a group of workers came to me & said: "We believe we're being unfairly picked on because we get yelled at when we're standing around and not doing anything."

I would say: OK half of you are fired & the other half...get back to work and now you should have something to do...all the time.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I can only speak for myself and doing that i will state i have never had a job yet where i could not find something to do , if it was grease a machine or clean a floor. Personaly my work hours are limited by the clock not the immediate task assigned , but i have to say i have never worked a union job and have heard that is different lol
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    Rugerman Thats all fine and dandy but i will argue being the example of not screwing off just gets more work added to you to pick up for those screwing off..
    I often hear that arguement. You have eight hours of work and that is what you are expected to do, and eight hours of work is eight hours of work. Are you saying they expect you to do more than eight hours of work and not get paid any overtime for it to make up for what the others didn't do?
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

no but they will screw you to pick up the slack from the other losers as move me farther away from home and yes the first 35 mins home is unpaid so it makes ya made.. Also have to remember for me im in a mobile van so not the same as if i was in the building

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links