OK I'm Officially offended... - Page 3

OK I'm Officially offended...

This is a discussion on OK I'm Officially offended... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by r0rtiz This thread reminds me of a funny story at my insurance office the other day. ;-) Funny story! Just goes to ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OK I'm Officially offended...

Quote Originally Posted by r0rtiz View Post
    This thread reminds me of a funny story at my insurance office the other day. ;-)
    Funny story! Just goes to show that a jerk is still a jerk, regardless of which language they speak!
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    Too bad that you don't like businesses marketing to Spanish-speakers. It's pretty rough when you actually come face to face with free enterprise, isn't it? You might as well get over your hurt feelings, or pick English-language-only businesses to patronize. As long as it makes economic sense, businesses will conduct marketing campaigns in any manner in which they see fit, targeting segments of the population where they can make money. This is as it should be.

You've once again managed to obscure your own stated reason for being offended.

You started out by claiming that you were offended by a piece of junk mail, and then made the absurd, unsupported claim that you'd be arrested if you made a request for English-language junk mail in Mexico. Most companies would probably fall all over themselves to provide it to you. There's lot's of English-language marketing in Mexico, catering to a sizable English-speaking population. In fact, I've seen lots of English language marketing in most of the other countries I've visited. Should the citizens of Brussels be offended by that?

As regards an official national language, it's not even germane to the context of your offense, because companies could still send you Spanish-language junk mail even if there were such a law! Once again, you show that you just don't really like the idea of people who speak Spanish being a visible part of "your" United States.
    Yep you are right I said "demand" so try and demand anything in Mexico and see where it lands you..... the same place if you try and stage a protest.....

Nope on offended by Spanish speaking people, have one as a neighbor re read my first post, and I speak enough to understand most of what they are saying...

My previous post was in response to English not be an official language, again go back and re read...... While I agree companies can conduct business in any language format they wish, it sure seems that they are going overboard and bending over backward for those that speak Spanish, all the while forgetting just what country they are in....

A part of this country's strength is that it was a vast melting pot for cultures, all meeting on a common ground and one of those grounds is a language that all can freely communicate with, openly encouraging segregation by language barrier is not conductive to anything except racism and separatism..

If I were to move to any other country, I would openly expect to have to learn the native language, not expert them to re write everything for me including government documents... requiring special teachers for my kids, and special police officers just for me..... If you think they would then that is just unrealistic....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

I agree. iam part mexican but I think we need to figure out what country we are in. English is the language we speak here so lets keep it that way. One thing that really ticked me off was when I turned on my normal daily news one day and it was in Spanish!! I woke the ol'lady up screaming and cussing.lol
    When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    - Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links