How to improve your Hi Point Pistol.

This is a discussion on How to improve your Hi Point Pistol. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 And who among us DOESN'T look to a fat redneck for advice? Yeah, I just go with everything printed ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to improve your Hi Point Pistol.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    And who among us DOESN'T look to a fat redneck for advice?
    Yeah, I just go with everything printed in gun magazines and on the interwebs.

2. Remove Ads

What IF Hi-Point is all you can afford?

Then you aren't looking hard enough. Frankly, I tire of this facetious argument. There is usually a very high quality alternative to Hi-Point at the same price point.

Right now, you can get a CZ-82 for $189 from several sources. A Hi-Point goes for around $165. Are you telling me that you can't go $20 more for a high quality hand gun that actually has a chance of being reliable, and usable? Just recently, they were just about giving away Polish auto pistols, and Tokarevs were real cheap awhile back. Once and again, police turn ins are available for a decent price.

I imagine some of those $200 Sigmas are still out there, if one looks a little.

Hi-Points are for the intellectually lazy. There is always some kind of deal out there that comes close to the Hi-Point price, but deliver high quality in firearms.

Then you aren't looking hard enough. Frankly, I tire of this facetious argument. There is usually a very high quality alternative to Hi-Point at the same price point.
    120mm I agree with you completely. I hear this argument all the time about price. Theres a lot of low cost guns that are of much higher quality.

If I was really poor and needed a good quality HD weapon I would look at the Maverick 88 shotgun which retails brand new for the same price as the Hi Point. I know it would be much more reliable.

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErikGr7 View Post

If I was really poor and needed a good quality HD weapon I would look at the Maverick 88 shotgun which retails brand new for the same price as the Hi Point. I know it would be much more reliable.
    Nothing like apples and oranges.

Not to defend stupidity, but I know how he feels. When you are plauged by a real problem, a lemon of a gun, you wont want to sell it, trade it, or give it away. A lifetime warranty does you no good when there is only a box or two of ammo between trips to the factory. For the price of that pistol, a cremation may have been in order. Sometimes it is best to keep your honor and integrity rather than hand junk off to others.

My experience was with a rifle, a Remington model 710 30-06. It was brand new out of the box and I was sighting it in for the coming deer season. Within ten shots, the bolt handle broke off. I sent it back to Remington and got it back a month after deer season was over. The next spring after the cold weather broke, I took it out again. After two boxes of shells, something broke inside the bolt that prevented it from closing. I got it back around the fourth of july and tried again. The bolt handle broke off again! I got it back again and all seemed fine. I took it out again to check the zero before deer season and the bolt jammed in the breech after a shot and would not open. I missed another deer season with it. I purchaced another rife and sent that one off to Remington again. When I got it back after deer season was over, it sat in the closet untouched. A friend used it the next year and he missed a deer because of another malfunction. I told him to get rid of it. I wish I at least had the satisfaction of throwing it in a lake!!

I am still a big Remington long gun fan, but I never buy the bottom shelf stuff anymore. I would love to hate on Remington over this ordeal, but I cant stay away from 870 shotguns and 700 rifles, they are fantastic!
    My GLOCK goes BANG every time!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links